Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scandia Ride, Sunday Oct. 16th.

Re: Scandia Ride, Sunday Oct. 16th. 3 years 8 months ago #39688

That looks like an awesome route! Is that singletrack?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scandia Ride, Sunday Oct. 16th. 3 years 8 months ago #39683

Last Sunday wasn't the greatest in ride weather, but we did get a bit of a riding window.. for those who haven't been down, Scandia is about 25 min. south of Jamestown,NY... most sections of the trail are rather impervious to wet weather. a lot of rocks, very gravely and sandy soils. anyway had a great ride, a few took some falls, but good time had by all. This place is in the backyard of NAMBA. so if anyone ever wants to head down.. let me or Fatguy know.

here is the route over in map your ride
www.wnymba.org/index.php?option=com_joom...rack&id=47&Itemid=47

the top loop is just shy of a 10 mile loop... we elected to drop down what Mike calls "an old jeep trail" down to the dam. I call it a hellish descent that made me eat rock and mud. the climb out was offset by some great riding along a stream, hope the image works.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by twright.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.