Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37791

Could somebody please post a map or directions on how to get there? I'm a little under the weather (internet lazy) because I just got back from Wilkesboro, NC and it has been raining since I got back. Heavy depression is setting in, so I got to get out on the bike and ride MF ride. Thanks in adavnce!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37789

twright wrote:
vodoo, where did you park, what side did you ride? did you get to hyrdo,,, rays revenge??

We parked at the Buck Trail lot.

This was our transport vehicle:

We rode Buck, Allie, Grippis, Ridge, Berry Patch, Sidewinder, Osprey, Hydro, and Fawn.

I wanted to do more, including Ray's Revenge, but my riding partner was a tad under the weather. Next time we'll hit every trail in the joint.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37788

certainly worth the ride, I will want to get back down there later in season, when my legs and lungs are a bit more up to the task..
0403011237.jpg

0403011537.jpg

0403011323a.jpg

0403011312.jpg

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37787

it was my first time down there, certainly won't be my last, conditions great, the atmosphere with other riders,,, we chatted with one of the guys who helped get the trails started... gave NAMBA folk some things to keep in mind as we go towards our Jakes Rocks Project.

vodoo, where did you park, what side did you ride? did you get to hyrdo,,, rays revenge??

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37786

You can tell by my tire how perfect the trail conditions were. It was just traction city.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37785

fat guy wrote:
Must have passed KBvoodo someplace along the way, because we pretty much had the place to ourselves

Yeah, we must have. We only saw about ten other riders. We're going back next weekend I think.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37784

50 degrees and sunny, trails were perfect, no mud and the leaves were mostly blown off, surprised the place wasn't packed.
Must have passed KBvoodo someplace along the way, because we pretty much had the place to ourselves plus one outlaw ATVer.
Rode until everybody was cramping and then just a little more.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37783

• Brian
Yes, Raystown Lake trails are wicked fast and fun. I'm sure it was bone dry already.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37780

We just finished riding. This place rules!!!!

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37777

No precip since 3/30, time to ride.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37776

Have fun! Try your best to keep Joe MX from flying off the trail. Wish I could make it :(

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 4 years 4 months ago #37775

not sure how much rain they got,,, but looks like the convoy is a go

www.allegrippistrails.com/

I have never been down there, so should be interesting...
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by twright.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.