Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 650B vs 29er

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 10 months ago #44430

kb voodoo wrote:
bluemirage188 wrote:
have you evern been to dryer rd park near rochester? any good?

I hear nothing but good about that place, and I plan to hit it this fall.

I had a blast when i went a few weeks ago. It dose seem a bit tame for my liking, but it is well laid out, reasonably marked out, and it was nice to see a variety of folks out riding and or teaching kids to ride. great place to go with some new MTB'ers.

The folks that built the crispy bacon trail must have loved the kingdom trails sidewinder... either way, its was a great time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 11 months ago #44375

bluemirage188 wrote:
have you evern been to dryer rd park near rochester? any good?

I hear nothing but good about that place, and I plan to hit it this fall.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 11 months ago #44374

Never been there

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 11 months ago #44368

joking about the skin suits... i watched the video of the course at the kamakaze, id take a DH rig over an AM any day for that ride... even if he's racing old timers...

all of this relates to racing which only a small percentage of DHers even do. so for maximum grins, give me the full squish anyday.

as for graves, he competed against some of the WC guys, on a track where the speeds are very fast, and rock gardens are crazy. so its still all about the rider, not the bike. or maybe the balls of the rider...

Boogenman, have you evern been to dryer rd park near rochester? any good?

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 11 months ago #44366

Considering that the UCI just banned skinsuits a few years ago I doubt that;-)

Graves and Lopes are always top contenders on tracks where fitness and power are the top priority. The real reason Lopes won the Kamikaze is because he was the only guy in the field that still rides for a living. 4+ minutes at those speeds has to make your limbs feel like jello.

Re: 650B vs 29er 1 year 11 months ago #44364

there are certainly more top DHers at least experimenting with the different wheel sizes, and interestingly shorter travel bikes based on different tracks. most recently brian lopes at the kamakazie DH winning on an IBIS mojo, as well as jared graves atop the podium with an enduro bike at world champs. so it stands to reason that for every track there will be a optimal bike choice. It wont be long before they have 29r specific Dh races, and the UCI will require lycra. now that will be something to see...

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.