Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues

Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 3 weeks ago #44532

• ATF
I am currently living in Monroe County, and from what I have heard from other riders, mountain bikers have not been given the best treatment by other trail users and have not been allowed in most parks here until recently, we have been granted access to 2 parks.

With the popularity of e-bikes growing, and the technology being adapted to off road bicycle applications, I am just curious as to how local advocacy groups are handling this situation. How would WNYMBA members and especially those heavily involved in advocacy respond if these bikes become as popular (and affordable) as predicted?

Will e-bikes ruin our ability to legally use trails after an injury occurs to new and inexperienced rider?

I have demo'ed a Haibike 650b trail bike and even after about 5 years of riding experience riding technical xc trails as well as dabbling in DH riding a bit, I was a little scared of what kind of trouble this type of bike could cause based on the power it had.

www.singletracks.com/blog/uncategorized/...elong-on-mtb-trails/
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by ATF.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 3 weeks ago #44534

Bicycles should be pedaled! E-bikes are fine for commuters looking to save money on gas, but in my opinion have NO PLACE on the trails.

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 3 weeks ago #44535

Re: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 3 weeks ago #44536

Motoloco brought an ebike to Asheville with us last spring. I want to say he's over it already but I'm not 100% sure. In my opinion, it detracted from the experience. Instead of enjoying the ride, he was managing power output levels and making sure to do regenerative braking on the downhills (i.e. go slower). I also believe that having that much weight strapped to the bike reduces its technical ability like hopping over logs at speed (e.g. the equalizer log on Big Merlin that has since been removed). At the end of the day I think I still had more energy left than him.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Re: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 3 weeks ago #44537

An e bike is a moto x bike for a b$tch. They do not belong on MTB trails IMO.

Re: Electric MTB Trail Access Issues 1 year 2 weeks ago #44541

• TGS
Dude, it's pretty much a wussified motox rig, isn't it???:x Bikes are to pedal, not throttle. You will get no help from us.:!:
Ride fast and look good
  • Page:

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.