Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Saving the trails at Sprague

Saving the trails at Sprague 1 year 11 months ago #44108

• adam
As a bike shop owner, I would think it should be part of your routine to educate people that "didn't know any better".

Its raining and muddy, No riding the brook.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saving the trails at Sprague 1 year 11 months ago #44093

So I did ride yesterday but only certain parts I knew would be safe. I also looked at areas in need of repair. Ethics or not, not all WNY mountain bikers are members or on this forum. Campers and weekend warriors go out no matter what. They have no idea what trail sustainability is. My shop was busy with riders yesterday. Most were non members. The ones who were stayed on the safe stuff. Skunk, Creekside, Foote and the Snowmobile climb were in good shape cause the club builds good trails. The biggest hazzard was the silt left behind by fast running water. It's greasy and like ice when hit at an angle. Every trail that is dug down to the hard pack was solid, the water ran right off. The roots were slick but they kind of armor the trail in spots. So in closing, yes you should not ride if you are not willing to be safe, stay on the trail and avoid the nagging mud areas.
Sliders Guy
Colden, NY

Chains and shifters are history.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 1.769 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.