Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months 1 week ago #44861

Jim Bird reported some good fat bike conditions on Tuesday as well. He rode Bent Rim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months 1 week ago #44860

HHE had some magical crust for fatbiking... will probably disappear by Tuesday afternoon...

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 5 months 2 weeks ago #44857

Thom: I tried, but I couldn't get your latest Harris Hill posts converted to the new website. I only had the posts since when I first started working on the new website, so a few are missing.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 6 months 1 week ago #44848

got to work on getting the track set a bit wider.. but it firmed up really nice

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 6 months 3 weeks ago #44845

trying to groom parts of HHE for fatbiking... picked up a Rokon to see how it might help break trail and drag a grooming device, got around humpty dumpty, rib tickler and no dab.. on Wednesday, about 9 inches of snow.. but very cold, light, unpacking snow..

hope to take it out tomorrow to go over same course with a drag.. will keep folks updated .... rode Rokon over a few skinnies ,, but not the bridge of truth...

IMG_20150402_140141865.jpg

IMG_20150402_140147082.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430232678.281281.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months 6 days ago #44839

news from Chautauqua County HHE..

was out looking at new potential trail yesterday... for those that know... will be doubling or tripling the stream side part of Myrtle's Romp.... and there will be two Lung Busterish ( but a bit more gentle) climbs to access some sweet humpy side slope flow... and the best part.. there is little to no undergrowth.. I am expecting work to proceed rather quickly... all told.. I am projecting somewhere in the 6 plus miles added to the close to 12 that already exists...

riding was fantastic today... didn't need a fatbike, tread was nice and tacky...

long boring video.. but shows some of the fun..

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.