Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Westside Overland Trail Conditions

Re: Westside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 7 months ago #22120

• Joker
lets just say its wet and muddy
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

July 9 Westside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 10 months ago #20001

On July 9, I rode the section of trail between the Route 474 trailhead to Eggleston Hill Road, which is the first section after the lean-tos. The trail was a little wet, but it is still fast, in very good condition and with absolutely no remnants of ATVs. Also, some good climbs on the way back (out-and-back). Overall, this is the best section of the entire Westside trail.
BiKeFrEaK

West side 6 years 11 months ago #18912

I rode the state land part of the traill over the weekend. Overall the trail is in good shape. A few spots were torn up and muddy from ATV's.

West side conditions 7 years 8 months ago #15674

as of yesterday, the run coming out of panama was nice and dry, no bugs, even though some horse piles (let's not get into that debate), some rogue ATV traffic again, but like I said before, kind of like some of the berms that are created.

updated conditions 7 years 11 months ago #14489

out there last evening
there has been a lot of atv traffic, and some grooming, so sad, I had enjoyed all the ruts and the tight track, some corners now are banked, which actually are a bit of fun. still good riding, even though it's out and back, there are some good climbs ( which end up being wonderful decents) either way. take the kids to panama rocks, and go play on the trail.

get out there 8 years 1 day ago #14404

fantastic conditions, it's dry, not very populated, so you can hoot and hollar all you want. try to avoid all the red efts that find there way onto the trail.

Re: Westside Overland Trail Conditions 8 years 1 month ago #13969

• champ
i had a great ride here last year, best 30 miles of the season!!

Westside Overland Trail Conditions 8 years 1 month ago #13907

Thanks to Thom Wright for providing info on the West Side Overland Trail for our Trails Database!
  • Page:

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.