Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Harris Hill Trail Conditions

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 2 months ago #26229

Hey Mush, thanks for riding em, for the longest time it's just been me and a few that Torry from Hollyloft takes out. and you are right as far as small, but growing,
I currently have about 1.5 to 2 more miles flagged, and we shall say preliminarily blazed, I plan on going up there on Friday (and maybe sunday) to use my drag box, you might have seen it leaning up against one of the logs. the single log "bridge" still needs to be hacked flat on the top, and the thorn bushes are a constant threat.

also working on completing the loops in a way so it creates a better system of trails. using what was done with the logging 7-8 years ago, certainly made it easier,

you are right, about the only one you may see are a few white tail, the friendly neighborhood porcupine, or whomever you bring out with you.

if while riding, you come up with ideas of enhancing features or obstacles, let me know, I hope to make some interesting options, while keeping a close ride around for others.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6/2/9 east side overland bonus trails 6 years 2 months ago #26228

i finally got my mtb back on the trail. the cardot is in great shape. start at 'v' and take a left on the fireroad. there are a few comfort carins. you will not be disappointed. the easy loop is at the end of the road. look for orange flags and ribbons in the trees. otherwise keep you eyes peeled for a single log bridge spanning the ditch. this will lead you into an emerging trail network that is on par with most any mtb destination in the usa. the scale is smaller of course but so are the crowds. i have yet to see anyone on these trails. drop a line for more info:mushmouph(at)gmail.com

o->a->v->​o 6 years 3 months ago #25955

trail is in great shape. logger j was clearing the last of the boutwell blow down. he had 3 trees to go when i passed through 5/22.

there is nothing going on with the drilling to interfere with the trail.

go out and get some.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25864

my plan is to get out there by 8:30 or so, and will be there probably till 1-2. most times I can get a signal out there, 664-1393 if you want to call.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25842

• nivek
twright, do you have a guesstimate of time when you'll be out there Friday? If I'm not working, my wife wants to go for breakfast somewhere. Then after that, maybe I'll see what ya got goin on..

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25813

it's an endless battle till enough tree canopy develops to reduce their growth, however my golf swing is steadily improving with each pass of the sickle. I think they would drink up round up, like it's kool-aid. (and I am not talking about the Rev. jim jones kind)

feel free to battle them at will. with what ever mechanical, human powered means you care to try

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25805

I understand the briars need some Roundup!! :shock:
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25804

mushmouph, between Uand V, when you hit the pea gravel on the logging road, hang a right and ride or run down there, I've been hoping to get some thoughts critiques or otherwise, will be back out on Friday, and perhaps saturday clearing.

o->a->o 6 years 3 months ago #25798

i ran out and back today from o to a. the saw crew has cleared most of the windfalls. the trail is in great shape for riding. the more it gets ridden the better it will be. i saw evidence of mtb tire tracks but still no humans. i am the last person on earth who uses the trail?

it is a ride worth doing. it will be ~25 according to my gps. l-i is a great section with one minor lameness. f-b has some great steep climbing that will be a hoot to descend. it is mostly cross capable.

go out and get some

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 3 months ago #25452

• nivek
mushmouph, A-V ??? Yer a mad man..Man I'm outta shape. I rode T-V and back. To say I was winded is an understatement. But yeah, from T-U it's rough do to the logging. I also had to get off and walk around some downed trees from U-V. Kind of a pain when ya get a good ride to haveta stop and get off. But all in all it was a nice ride and GREAT to get back out on the trails..

A-V 4-19-9 6 years 4 months ago #25286

I ran A-V sunday 4/19/9. it was in good shape. the trail is fine @ B. It has been widened to permit big rigs. There is a big blow down right before the lot at L. Stay on the far side of the tree tops to get around it. this will not be fun on a bike. it is smooth sailing until just before U where the logging has occurred. Again it is passable on foot while the biker will find it not so pleasant. you can detour out the fire road to the left and ride to the junction at the lot. the trail is fine the rest of the way.

go out and get some

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #25117

• LEXA
The road part is nice but, in the woods it is boggy.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.