Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sprague Brook Conditions

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12006

I should, but I think Eville was hit harder than SB. Am I right?
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! Chunky Monkey!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12005

come down to the race tonight....

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12004

Hows Hunters?

Anybody in the EA know? I haven't ridden there in months.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12003

Just talked to the Park and YES they did get the thunder storms yesterday. So let's go with Bens recomendation to not ride tonight :(

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12002

I was thinking that one of these days riding urban might not be a bad idea, the path along the river. That way I could ride the stairs down that overpass near the Peace bridge.
No gear with me at work today so I may ride Boston/Eden at dusk.
Respect your local Woodland Spirits

¿dɯnɾ ʇsɐl ʇɐɥʇ ʇıɥ əɯ əəs noʎ pıp

WNYMBRO is NOT dead, it just smells funny.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12001

Never!

Actually, I have been saving up for one, but I still prefer Mtbing whenever possible.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #12000

Todd, might be time for a road bike :wink:

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #11998

somebody tell me where I can ride please?

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #11996

Really, I didn't even know there was a line of thunderstorms south. I'll see if I can find some rain fall amounts for that area. But as I said before Ben is right there in west falls and he would know best.

Damn, the bike is on the roof of the truck.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #11994

I am pretty sure that Sprague Brook got hit by yesterdays line of thunderstorms. Which means that the trails are most likely quite wet and muddy. If anyone has any other information speak up, otherwise I certainly won't be rideing tonight.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #11980

We do seem to get a decent shot of rain every week that seems to be just a recent memory but we'll have to go with what Ben and onyouright are saying for now as to the real conditions.

Jon, any luck on getting a Sprague Brook trail conditions section up so riders can post condidtions?

Kevin

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years 10 months ago #11977

Rode SB for the first time last night. From all I heard about the trail, I'd have to say the trail is in need of some serious dry weather to dry out. The bikes and riders got pretty muddy. Those little rock sections that bridge some of the creek crossings are now dangerously slippery. Just some info that I thought I would pass along. Looking foward to riding it when it's dry.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.