Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Golden Hill Conditions

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 8 years 7 months ago #12541

Was out at Golden Hill Friday, Sept 1. Trails were in good shape. Maybe 1 or 2 mucky sections. Rode the red and blue loop. This was my first time riding there.

We came across a section labeled "Whammy" with 2 black diamonds. I am assuming there is crazy stuff that way so I avoided it. I am still trying to master my skills on the trails enough to build my riding foundation where i am comfortable enough with my abilities.

I loved the look of the trail upon entering the red loop on the left of the road; with all of the bare trees with greenery on the tree tops. it looked so cool!! Cant wait to get back out there!

Find what you love, and love what you find!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 8 years 10 months ago #11382

Golden Hill is in good shape - and thanks to all who showed up for the trail work day Saturday. The re-routes ride great .

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 9 years 8 months ago #9076

I rode the red loop today. It is dry, buy not dusty like some of McCarty Hill. The south side of the road was in fantastic shape and tons of fun. Be careful on the north side of the road on the easternmost section- just past the 2nd trailhead. That section of the trail (just a short part - 500 feet) has been overgrown by thorny plants. My arms and legs are full of little cuts. On the otherhand, the fruit yielded by those thorny plants was delicious!

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 9 years 11 months ago #8126

Does anyone ride here anymore? Actually I rode at Golden Hill today for the first time this year. The red loop is in good shape for the most part a couple of sticky areas but nothing like last year. As for the blue loop, lets just say bring your GPS. There are a lot of trees down on the the lower section and I actually got lost for a while on the climb back up because the markers suddenly disappeared. Not only was the blue loop a bit sketchy due to a lack of markers but there was some erosion along this section as well. If you are planning to ride there soon I would suggest sticking to the red loop.

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 10 years 9 months ago #5967

I also was on the Golden Hill trails yesterday, July 3rd and was surprised by the mud holes. I have family that live at the bottom of the hill and found out that on Thursday of this past week they got about 2" of rain, which may explain the mud holes.

Re: Golden Hill Conditions 10 years 9 months ago #5963

Rode Golden Hill yesterday (7/2). Overall it was dry, but there were some mudholes. There probably were more mudholes on the blue trail, but the red trail had the bigger mudspots.

Golden Hill Conditions 10 years 10 months ago #5820

Rode the red loop at Golden Hill on Sunday the 20th and was much wetter than expected, mostly on the downhill side of the road in the hardwood stands or the grassy connectors to the road.

I totally forgot that it was a work day there until we were having lunch at Coolings. What did you work on?

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.