Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24838

There were a ton of fallen trees this winter, but there's a new XC ski group that, together with the park, did a great job keeping the trails clear over the winter.

With the huge amounts of snow and lots of wind this winter, I think we will have our work cut out for us at the E-ville trails this spring.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24837

I was riding in Allegany yesterday (3/29). Trails are wet, but very rideable. Ran into one small patch of ice that made for a difficult climb, but overall the trails are good. Didn't notice any fallen trees or other debris on the trails (though I didn't ride all of them).

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24736

anyone know the latest conditions at ASP?
Can switching to Gieco save you money on car insurance........did the Little Piggy scream wee wee wee all the way home?

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24211

Mack wrote:
Now if there was only a way to save all these ski miles and convert them to stock for Paris to Ancaster! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
if only...
Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24198

• Mack
I hear you there! ASP always amazes us too condition-wise. A totally different world once you start climbing to the summit from the access road. It's like one of those old-time mountains where the weather changes so quickly once you go up. We have been so lucky with ski events there when it's sunny & dry everywhere else-but I know you know that from experience...
Geez, last we skied was at last weekend at Sprague. It think it will be thin for a while now that that big storm blew us off. Now if there was only a way to save all these ski miles and convert them to stock for Paris to Ancaster! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 4 months ago #24186

took a chance and headed down today with the dottir girlie. wow, talk about a meltdown. but when we got to summit, we was greeted with ski friendly trails. skiied sweetwater and christian hollow. hadda great time. icy at times but i needed to work on fast descending anyway. we even spotted some fellow wnymba-ites on their way out while we was on the way in. it's supposed to stay cold for the next couple days, so if anyone has a day off or some free time, head on down.
for recovery food afterward, the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich at eddy's in great valley is highly recommended.

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 5 months ago #24075

skiied sweetwater, christian hollow, leonard run and a little bit of snowsnake today. conditions remain perfect. double track mostly but in some spots there is only singletrack. wasn't an issue. rented xc skis from ems for fifteen bucks and was getting pretty good glide (it's the xc ski equivalent of flow). nice workout. was on the trails for a little more than two hours at an average of 77% max heart rate. should have probably tried to step it up a little, but didn't want to disturb the stillness with the beep*beep of the heart rate monitor. as it was, i experienced multiple hillgasms.
had a short misadventure down snowsnake. once the upper trails were skiied, i had to go and at least say "hi" to the snake. and then once i saw it, i just had to go for a ride. wound up going way too fast and out of control on the very first descent. had to crash to avoid a possible collision. jammed my finger really good. it still hurts. the snake has fangs, even in the winter.

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 9 months ago #22256

ASP IS SO AWESOME I LOVE IT THERE. AT WORK WE HAVE SOME OLD PICTURES WHEN THEY WERE BUILDING THE DAM AT RED HOUSE. AWESOME
No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 9 months ago #22118

• Joker
Wet and not so muddy......
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 6 years 9 months ago #21959

Looking for trail advice and maybe camping ideas...

I am passing through in couple weeks on my way to a meeting in Rochester.

My normal area for riding is in MI [url:mkebptdq]www.mmba.org[/url]

Would this area be a good place to do a ride one night and maybe in the morning early before heading into Rochester for the meeting? Any ideas for camping? Anything i should watch out for? or know about?

Thanks for you help.

Doug (SlowPoke)

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 7 years 2 weeks ago #19845

I'll bet that it's a river right now! DAMN RAIN! It's all the emissions that spew out of those big pick up trucks hauling horse trailers around causing disruptive weather patterns!
Eric Senn

Re: Allegany State Park Trail Conditions 7 years 2 weeks ago #19843

patterson is definitely less stream-like as of late yesterday afternoon. the snake is especially slick both going up and down the first hill. ridge was pretty ridable.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.