Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 day ago #12049

East Aurora got rain Thur, Fri and Sat. Hunters has got to be a mess. I rode on the road both Sat. and Sun. and yesterday I went by Hunters parking lot and there were riders there which got me pissed off. It's not the place to go to after three days of rain.

Todd: Saw you and Mike heading down the the thruway Sunday morning while I was heading to UB for my son's swim meet. Good suggestions you have except this important clarification:

Also avoid the FLT in E-ville. I think some people keep forgetting that this trail is closed to bikes in every other state forest in the state, and the FLT folks continue to argue to get it closed here also (they brought it up just recently with the meetings related to the reroutes for the new HV pond). If this trail gets trashed, we could lose access. So skip the FLT until is dries out.

This is why the principle reroute work that we did for the RR&R was to get it off the FLT except where it was on log roads. I think this year should be the last for the RR&R. I think it sends the wrong message that it is OK to ride in those types of conditions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 day ago #12048

Ben what's up in Colden / Glenwood maybe we can get a jump on canceling Wednesday's ride at Sprague for a change if conditions aren't going to get any better.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 day ago #12047

hunters got significant rain thursday and more on saturday, so I wouldn't count on it being dry

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 day ago #12045

Lotsa people visiting this weekend from other areas (state college, PA and Toronto, etc). Too bad they didn't see Eville at its best.

It's sloppy out there! And the weather is calling for record temps, record humidity, and resulting spotty showers for the next few days.

Then finally a cool down, and maybe less showers with drying out just in time for the MTB Fest.

Please, don't ride Eville's east side for a few days (the trails 90% of what people ride, some exclusively-like Rain, Dead Dog, Big Merlin). If you must ride, ride the central stuff (FLT, Anderson, Buzzards, Mutton, Porcupine)

or
try Hunters Creek...still prob pretty good.
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL™

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 3 days ago #12042

It has rained pretty much every day this week, so don't expect stellar conditions.
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 3 weeks ago #11674

As of Monday July 3rd the race loop is a mess, the rocks in the rock garden are the least of anyones worrys with all the mud there. Hopefully it all dries out by 6HOP this weekend.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11308

Jon,
Any chance I could purchase an existing map from you and have it shipped to Maryland?

email me at: marcus.marcinelli@ngc.com

Mark

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11305

Yes, there some other new trails, most critically where the new pond is going in:

It may be a while before I can get to putting together an outline, but I will put it on my schedule.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11303

Jon,

It would be great if you could email me the outline of the route, although we may stay on State Forest land anyways. I noticed that the map on the web site has Bent Rim Trail and the map from MS&G doesn’t. Are there any other new trails I should know about? Even though I said we would like to do the epic ride, we would take the trail over a road any day.

Thanks,
Ed
You don't cease to play because you grow old, you grow old because you cease to play.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11301

krag krasher wrote:
zap602 wrote:
Is there an easier way to get up to the top?

Yo Man...it sounds like you went "up" the "down" trail.... :shock:

I thought thats what happened but couldn't quite visualize dong that :shock:

Re: Ellcottville trip 9 years 2 months ago #11299

EdLustic wrote:
Is there a map or directions that I am missing?

Because part of the route goes off state land property, we don't have a more detailed route map on the web. It's not that the that part of the route is illegal to ride, they are old roads with a public right of way (though now more trail like than road like), but it is just asking for trouble to post a marked ride through someone's private property.

When I get my main mapping computer up and running again, I can e-mail a one-off outline of the route. It will be a little different than the original because of the new holiday valley pond (this picture: http://www.imba.com/epics/slideshows/ny_11.html was taken from what will now be the middle of the new pond), and also we built the bent rim trail to remove some dirt road sections.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 2 months ago #11298

Jon,
Bring the maps on Saturday and I can deliver them to HV/MSG.
Long Live Long Rides

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.732 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.