Ellicottville Conditions

More
11 years 1 month ago #12671 by philshep
philshep replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
that would be great! Thanks!

phil

*EDIT* I just confirmed that we will be riding E'Ville this Saturday (16th). Hopefully the weather won't screw us again.

If anyone that knows the trails would like to ride with / guide us, let me know!

thanks
phil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #12668 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I don't have a GPS track per se, but I can convert anything into a .gpx file that you can import. I would just trace any route and then convert. I'll see if I can get to it by the end of the week.

More
11 years 1 month ago #12666 by Bill R
Bill R replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Jon may have a track for you to use.

Long Live Long Rides

More
11 years 1 month ago #12659 by philshep
Hello, thinking of riding the epic ride (or variations thereof) on the 16th. has anyone done this ride with a Gramin based GPS device? I recently purchased one and found that it's possible to download GPS data to my unit (Forerunner 205) and it will give me directions on the ride. Anyone?

Thanks
phil

More
11 years 1 month ago #12656 by champ
champ replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
rode rain, sidewinder, big merlin, dead dog, porcupine, yukon's lunch, anderson blvd., buzzard's-trails were decent, a little wet in areas. thanks to beth and ken for kicking my a$$.

More
11 years 1 month ago #12583 by Andrew Brautigam
Andrew Brautigam replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
rode the race loop, rain trail, and big merlin today, trails in relative good shape, with the exception of some mud on the rain trail

More
11 years 1 month ago #12524 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
We have gotten about 2 inches here in Cheek to Vegas- that is a official tally from my swimming pool that I am draining right now! Still raining. Backyard is a swamp, dog is soaking wet! I'd give it at least till Monday.

Penguin :(

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

More
11 years 1 month ago #12523 by Cody
Cody replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
A group of us are planning on going up to Holiday Valley tomorrow i was hoping for some advice on which trails will be dried if any. Or should we just save a trail and go next weekend.

More
11 years 1 month ago #12521 by philshep
yikes! :(

I guess we'll have to postpone our trip... maybe next weekend or the weekend after...

Stupid rain!! :x

if anyone's up for riding that LONG loop with us let me know and we can arrange a date

thanks
phil

More
11 years 1 month ago #12520 by Bill R
Bill R replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I just finished a wicked kayak run down Big Merlin .... awesome!

Bring your snorkel.
I'm guessing we've easily received over an inch so far.

Long Live Long Rides

More
11 years 1 month ago #12517 by philshep
so.... can anyone local tell me what the weather's doing down there as of Saturday Afternoon? It's raining here in Hamilton, Ontario, but lightly...

Thanks
phil

More
11 years 1 month ago #12508 by philshep
Thanks Justin for your great description! I think we will skip the initial climb like you said.

So you say it's comparable? Hilton is the only place around here that we ride in wet weather because it drains so well and its mostly rock!

We do love technical trails. Our Bent Rim Trail up at Hilton is definitely for a specific breed of rider. :twisted: Believe it or not, myself and a few people in our group have cleaned entire trail without a dab.

I built up a new SC Nomad this year and put 2.35 Kenda Nevegal rear and Blue Groove front on it, with the Stik-ee compound. I'm still amazed at what I can get away with on these tires! Slippery roots, rocks etc. are no match for these tires, highly recommended!

Thanks!
phil

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.