Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11305

Yes, there some other new trails, most critically where the new pond is going in:

It may be a while before I can get to putting together an outline, but I will put it on my schedule.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11303

Jon,

It would be great if you could email me the outline of the route, although we may stay on State Forest land anyways. I noticed that the map on the web site has Bent Rim Trail and the map from MS&G doesn’t. Are there any other new trails I should know about? Even though I said we would like to do the epic ride, we would take the trail over a road any day.

Thanks,
Ed
You don't cease to play because you grow old, you grow old because you cease to play.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11301

krag krasher wrote:
zap602 wrote:
Is there an easier way to get up to the top?

Yo Man...it sounds like you went "up" the "down" trail.... :shock:

I thought thats what happened but couldn't quite visualize dong that :shock:

Re: Ellcottville trip 9 years 1 month ago #11299

EdLustic wrote:
Is there a map or directions that I am missing?

Because part of the route goes off state land property, we don't have a more detailed route map on the web. It's not that the that part of the route is illegal to ride, they are old roads with a public right of way (though now more trail like than road like), but it is just asking for trouble to post a marked ride through someone's private property.

When I get my main mapping computer up and running again, I can e-mail a one-off outline of the route. It will be a little different than the original because of the new holiday valley pond (this picture: http://www.imba.com/epics/slideshows/ny_11.html was taken from what will now be the middle of the new pond), and also we built the bent rim trail to remove some dirt road sections.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11298

Jon,
Bring the maps on Saturday and I can deliver them to HV/MSG.
Long Live Long Rides

Ellcottville trip 9 years 1 month ago #11295

We are planning a trip at the end of the month and would like to do the Ellcottville IMBA epic ride, or at least something close to it. I didn’t think it would be hard to find a map of the trails, or at least the names of the trails but the only thing I have found is the two maps, epic-nw.jpg and epic-south.jpg, and they only give a general idea of the route. Is there a map or directions that I am missing?

I have the WNYMBA map from MS&G and can put together an epic route of my own but would like it to somewhat resemble the original. I have read the posts that say "stop in at MS&G", which I plan to do, but that means that we arrive without a plan. I would rather have a general plan and make adjustments when I get there.

Anyone have any suggestions?
You don't cease to play because you grow old, you grow old because you cease to play.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11289

:lol: Krag, I thought that may have been the problem about 10 minutes into the ride, but figured I may as well keep going since I couldn't find another trail.

Jon,
Sent you email concerning the purchase of a map. I'd be more than willing to drop off maps, but I live in Maryland.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11286

No, I've got a pile of them here at home. Deniss from MS&G and HV have been begging for them Just haven't got a chance to get them to the stores. New ones will be printed soon, but no time, and also my computer disk crashed that had teh files and my backup is from a couple of months ago, so some recent updates need to be redone :evil:

If anyone wants to ferry some maps to the stores, let me know.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11284

zap602 wrote:
Wow! :D 30) to get a ride. ... I parked by the training center and started to head up the slope directly in front of the Center, but spied what looked like a trail coming out of the slope furthest to the right. I later found out that it was the Race Loop. That was one of the toughest climbs I've had to do.

Yo Man...it sounds like you went "up" the "down" trail.... :shock:

Second time I've heard this so I have to ask....are maps becoming extinct? :o
Is that a flower caught in your pedal, or are you just happy to see me?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11275

One more thing. Everybody has sold out of maps. How do I purchase one thru WNYMBA?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11271

Wow! :D 30) to get a ride. I was not able to get a map in time, but decided to go out and see what I could find. I parked by the training center and started to head up the slope directly in front of the Center, but spied what looked like a trail coming out of the slope furthest to the right. I later found out that it was the Race Loop. That was one of the toughest climbs I've had to do. I made it to the top where I found some other trail signs labeled diffferently. Overall a great layout and lots of challenging terrain.

I plan to be up for the July 4 th Holiday and do some more riding.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 1 month ago #11217

Better yet checkout this link and meet some great people and ride at any skill level you want and not get lost besides.

http://www.wnymba.org/viewtopic.php?t=1937

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 2.503 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.