Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 7 months ago #13048

• champ
we're gonna be hitting some sunny DRY days this week, any report of the trails as of this weekend. i'm hoping that the dry weather will give way to some pre-turkey riding.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #13007

The race course loop is in very good condition, but heading into the forest was not so nice. ALOT of downfall, not as bad as Buffalo after the storm but you are gunna need a saw to get through some of it. For the most part, very ridable. It's like the fall leaf cover keeps the trails dry and serves as a water shed for the moisture. Ride it!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12989

• Joker
They got an isolated stint of rain but nothing like here. And the trails were dry pretty soon afterwards. They drain pretty well. 72 and sunny there today (sunday) per the inlaws......

They have a very good club there, (just like here) and they have lots of differnet places to ride within 45 minutes of the city. There are 4 places within 30 minutes of my in laws. Nothing like HV mind you, but a lot of nice single track. I get my winter fix whenever I go down after the season ends here.
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12987

Sounds like they are in the same boat (no pun intended)

http://www.tarheeltrailblazers.com/cgi- ... 1161203891

I agree. One of the worst falls ever. I am glad I got out last weekend in E-ville even though there was a little bit of snow fell on the (hard) trails just before I got there.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12986

• Joker
Hey Scotto -

Whats going on?

I use that site all the time to see whats going on down there. You gave me that link originally! I am going to ride at Catawba, I hear its open and I want to check out the Whitewater park there. I hear thats neat.

I see they also made anew 7 mile trail about halfway between Beatty and Poplar Tent.Its looks to be maybe 20 minutes from Matthews. Its supposedly really nice. I am going to rdie that as well. Hell, I'll be there 9 days, I figure I'll ride Beatty, Renni, Poplar, Catawba, and the new place.......gonna make up for not riding......

You heading down there at all?
Why...so...serious?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12985

Hey Joker
Checkout the trailblazers website;
http://www.tarheeltrailblazers.com/index.cfm
They defintely got it goin' on with no attitude. If ya hadn't already, be sure to checkout Catawba. I haven't been there since they started work on the Olympic Whitewater training park. I'm pretty sure there is alot of good riding there.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12984

• Joker
This is the worst fall I can remember. Its been raining and/or snowing for what seems like 2 months.

I am really looking forward to going to Charlotte for Thanksgiving week. I am going to try to make up for a lot of lost rides.
Why...so...serious?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 8 months ago #12983

.................... and it's still wet, still raining, no relief in sight.
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 9 months ago #12842

It poured in Ellicottville again today.
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 9 months ago #12772

I rode up the boundary trail at Holimont which has pretty much been a distaster since RRR, and the race loop at HV which was pretty sketchy too.

The sun is out today though so there should be a brief drying period.

I just try to stay in the puddles when it is wet instead of going around them so I don`t make them any wider than they already are.

Politically Correct, that`s me.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 9 months ago #12768

We'll most likely have soggy, slippery trails for a while (if not the rest of this season).
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 9 months ago #12764

• TH1
Skidder, What trails did you ride ??? Do you think it will dry out by Wednesday ??

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.