Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 3 months ago #13802

All roads to thr top of McCarty Hill are passable. Bill's right, time to clear the trails.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13753

The white stuff is almost gone. It's time to clear the trails!
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13742

Hi!

We are 2 from Quebec and would like to spend easter in Ellicotville for mountain biking. Is it too early in the season? Will the train be open?

Please let us know!

We have heard only good things about Ellicotville!!

Bert 8 years 4 months ago #13728

Bert- good to hear from you. Hope to see you out on the trails this season, Mike

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13725

Jon
Should tell you no. Plan on doing lots of riding and less trail work. We won't be campaining Deacon for any more retiever titles, we were training him daily and spending 8 or 9 hours a week driving to places and groups to train with. He's too big to stud anyhow.
Just got my bike back from Pete, did a 1 hr road ride Weds, sweet. That's how it use to act. Dropped 28 lbs since Christmas, half an hour a night on the trainer, diet and 30 minutes on the trainer for every beer.
Maybe I won't break the rear triangle.
Looking forward to seeing the trail work schedule, will make a few of them and do some work on Golden Hill too.
Bert

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13716

• Joker
Todd wrote:
Asheville will have a high of 74 today and has been dry I hear?!?!?!!?

Would I lie to you about that? Straight from the inlaws, who live in Hickory NC now. About 1 hour east from Asheville. And look at the forecast coming up.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... =asheville

Upper 70's! I'll be there a week ahead of ya, I'll try to save you some of the good weather!
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13714

Hey Old Slug...

Great to hear from you again!

You going to be hitting the trails this spring?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13712

I drove up to the Youth Camp after work (2:45 pm) to check on the road conditions on the state forest roads. 6 to 8 inches of snow on top of 4 inches of ice and this is one of the spots that gets sun and melts faster.
If I wanted to drive over the hill to Bill's I'd get a full size 4x4 pickup with extra clearance, new tires, a Warn winch with extra cable, a couple of high school linemen and a case of Bud. Maybe to or three cases of Bud, we'd be wasting a lot of time winching and pushing the truck out of the ditches and back on the road.
Nah, I'll wait. Bill is right it will be a couple more weeks.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13710

But the snow is all gone here??!?!?!

Oh well, hit the road bike for some early season miles. Or really hit the road and go south or west for an adventure.

Asheville will have a high of 74 today and has been dry I hear?!?!?!!?
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13709

The riding season in McCarty Hill/Rock City SF's is still a couple weeks away................unfortunately.
Long Live Long Rides

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13705

I flew back yesterday from NYC and while I didn't get my coveted window seat because the flight was full, I still annoyed the guy next to me by craning my neck to get a look. We weren't as far south as E-ville, and I was looking out the north side, but there was snow everywhere until just before we got to Buffalo. My yard in EA is still covered.

The Southern Tier had a pretty solid base left even before the fresh 8 inches from last weekend.

Last year was a pretty snow-free winter

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 8 years 4 months ago #13704

Bill R wrote:
Lots-O-Snow yet, but I think I'm on to a novel idea. I'm going to try and mount a propane torpedo heater to the front and back of my bike. That should be just the ticket for opening up the trails around here.

As I went into sunny, snow free work today, I was thinking about asking you Bill about the trail conditions in Eville.

Still covered??!?!?

The temps are still rather low. Last year, you, Ben and I were riding a ton in March on top of the leaves. Removing leaves for the riding season is not always a good idea.
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.