Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

e-ville trails 9 years 3 months ago #14692

Had a nice ride today: Rain Trail, Dead Dog's Loop, Big Merlin, and Porcupine Rim are all in excellent (bone dry) condition. Get out and ride! 8)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 3 months ago #14606

• champ
a nice long epic yesterday, trails are great. i think i was going so fast uphill that mnowicki got some dust in his eyes and couldn't keep up!!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 4 months ago #14186

drying out nicely!
Long Live Long Rides

it's good, but tons of blowdown 9 years 4 months ago #14183

I got out for a ride on Thursday morning before work, and the trails are in top notch shape right now -- aside from the blowdown on the north/south pale ale trails and on the four rocks section of the flt, and billygoat. I moved as much as I could, but there are some serious trees down.

The trails are dry, though, and in good shape overall. I

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #14015

i road up there today and there were still a lot of super wet spots on the singletrack. I stuck to the forest roads and they were nice and dry.

everybody is all hyped up to ride the trails but you are just going to chew up the trail with it being so wet. be patient and stick to the dirt roads out there for a while.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13999

My link works?!?!!? Maybe because it logs me in to my hotmail account. How about this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... iwloc=addr

Its really east of ASP. Essentially, 219 south. Left on 49 south (Killibuck rd), Left on 417 (Wildwood). Stop at intersection of 9mile and 417.

We are meeting at the Boston/Hamburg Park and Ride first, as usual at 8:30 am (man that will be early after tonights Sabres partying) to consolidate.

Everyone meet us there if you want to carpool. Yes Paul, your car will be utilized for its roominess. Thanks.
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13998

Must be mac thing.

Anyways, to get there, go to Salamanca, then get on 86 East/219 South (expressway). Get off the exit for Bradford/219, except go left rather than right. Go to the end and take a right. Then its a few miles (not sure how many) to Vandalia (don't blink) and Nine Mile Road (on your left). Go on that for a while until you get to the forest road where things are starting. That is on your right. It's after the earlier state forest signs you see on your left.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13997

Todd - I could be interested. Your link isn't working though.

Is that intersection is basically 5 miles south from Allegany State park entrance, correct?

I'm in N. Buffalo - It would be better for me to carpool... Bike stowage could be an issue though.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13988

Some of us are making it down on Saturday from the Northtowns.

Meeting at 10 am at the intersection of 417 and North Nine Mile (theres convenient stores right here).

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2& ... &encType=1

Joe will lead us into the woods-its tricky to find.

If you want to carpool, respond here.

Mtn bike ride afterward (if not here, then Golden Hill nearby-Eville is prob not ready).
2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALLâ„¢

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13985

I am tentatively planning on going to the nine mile creek work day Saturday, and was thinking of doing some riding there after working. Nine mile is the perfect place to ride when it is wet, since the existing trails are wide snowmobile trails that aren't going to get trashed in wet conditions, especially considering how little use these trails get.

I haven't ridden the existing trails there for a few years now, so no guarantees on what we'll find, but that is part of the fun. I think the snowmobile clubs and illegal ATV use keeps most of them free from blow down.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 9 years 5 months ago #13984

There`s still snow on the ground this morning, I`m sure it will melt but the trails are going to be really wet. I`m planning on riding the forest roads this weekend. If anybody wants to come down and do that let me know.

?? 9 years 5 months ago #13982

is there snow in them thar hills?
are the trails going to be rideable this weekend?

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.