Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Ellicottville Conditions 4 weeks 1 day ago #44924

• pmac225
  • Thank you received: 1
Trails seemed to be in decent shape yesterday. A lot of damage in some areas due to riding when the trails were too soft. Rode the "Black Trail". First from the tower, and that was a tad sadistic. Then I rode it the other way and it was a lot easier. It looks like it has gotten little use and I didn't see anyone else on it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Painfulldischarge

Ellicottville Conditions 1 month 5 days ago #44922

Not a conditions post (breaking the rules, but oh well). Black trail is the replacement to the white trail. It starts at the tower at the same spot as the white trail starts. It actually ends on the same segment of trail where the white trail used to end on CCC road (the white trail now ends somewhere else). St. Patty's is the continuation of this trail across the CCC road. It continues on to Rocky's Run.

Ellicottville Conditions 1 month 5 days ago #44921

Thanks for the update. I'm going to be in the area second week of August, so here's to hoping for the drying trend to continue. I didn't ride in early July when I was there, water pouring out of the woods, so I figured it was a mess. I was really bummed.
"St. Patty's" and "black" I'm not familiar with those trail names. What/where are they?
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Ellicottville Conditions 1 month 5 days ago #44920

• irishman13
  • Thank you received: 1
I rode Eagle/Mesa/Sidewinder/Rain/Race/Black/St. Patty's/Rock's/Yukon's/Mutton Hollow/Porcupine/Big Merlin/Dead Dog on Saturday and thought the trails we OK. Both my bike and I came back covered in mud. No trails were a complete slopfest, but there was still quite a few mud holes out there. I saw a lot of people heading up Eagle as I was coming out.
you just gotta give'r

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 month 6 days ago #44919

Trails in good shape. Mudholes along Dead Dog and parts of Big Merlin - just ride straight through them. Rode both Fri and Sat, hitting almost all the trails except bent rim and dead dog.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 month 1 week ago #44918

Trails should be good to go this weekend.
KB voodoo was quoting a post from a year ago. Last year the second half of the summer was great, so here's hoping the same for 2015!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmac225

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.