Latest Hunters Conditions

More
11 years 1 month ago #11005 by ericbike
ericbike replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
rode the park 4 times last week and it is drying out nicely. avoid the pink/blue trail that heads north from the picnic table,horrible mud!
thank you to those that are doing the construction in the park. it really looks amazing, especially at the washout. might want to consider renaming the area as the nice concrete bridge is actually so much safer to ride now compared to the old drain. once the main access road really dries out we'll be able to bomb down it and actually ride right across the new bridge without slowing down to mirkwood and the red trail. thank you again.
eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11001 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Great conditions tonight (4/27). Still a few problems spots and the bike came back muddy (always ride through, not around!), but most of the dry trails were, well, dry. The further north you go, the wetter. I am sure trails from the lower (north) trailhead are in bad shape near the boardwalk.

I got to see what the county did with their big machines. Not too impressed. I was not in favor of this activity (see the March 2006 FOHC meeting minutes on [url=http://www.hunters-creek.org:3txt767x]the FOHC page[/url]). The old road was turning into nice singletrack, but now is all wide again. I always give people the benefit of the doubt, though, so hopefully this will grow back in real quick. I think that is what the pile of wood chips is there for in the parking lot, to put along the side of the now wide road. There was no talk at this week's FOHC meeting about putting wood chips on the trails. That just turns to mud and is a bad idea.

Anyway, definitely heading out there again tomorrow evening, and riding should be great after the work day on Sunday.

More
11 years 2 months ago #10892 by Ben Clauss
Ben Clauss replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
You might want to read the posts at the following link and reconsder your riding habits. The trails at Hunter's Creek are very sensitive in the spring and as many of us have learned through our own mistakes, there is a significant long term benefit to waiting for the trails to dry before riding them. There are plenty of trails that are ridable early in the spring, but not at Hunter's, just ask and I'm sure people will happy to help you find the best places to ride based on the current weather. For example the Ellicotteville trails are usually the first to dry out in the sping and are currently dry and ridable.

[url:3ni25y4u] www.wnymba.org/viewtopic.php?t=1865 [/url]

More
11 years 2 months ago #10889 by rwmaximus1k
rwmaximus1k replied the topic: Re: Hunter Creek conditions

beavis wrote: been riding there all week. really muddy in places. Plenty of room on the trail to ride around the muddy spots though.

Hmmmm you havent looked around here yet to much have you..... be for-warned on what may come of that comment

More
11 years 2 months ago #10885 by beavis
beavis replied the topic: Hunter Creek conditions
been riding there all week. really muddy in places. Plenty of room on the trail to ride around the muddy spots though.

More
11 years 9 months ago #9485 by czar
czar replied the topic: Recent run @ Hunter's Creek
Just ran through Hunter's a few hours ago, much of the trails are very wet. Not sure what the individual trail names are, but the red blazes are in better shape the the very very muddy silver blazes.

I strated from the Centerline Rd parking lot and started running in the trails to the left of the sign, looped around back to the parking lot and ran partway into the center trail. The downhills as you get partway in are washing out and slick.

-Scott, using his own 2 feet.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9163 by krag krasher
krag krasher replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
As of this evening, the trails are in real good shape at Hunters. The geography keeps changing a bit with the storms. There is a very big 'blow down' on the middle red trail. ENJOY! :D

Is that a flower caught in your pedal, or are you just happy to see me?

More
11 years 10 months ago #9066 by the wombat
the wombat replied the topic: hunters creek
Rode the trails today and all i have to say is wow. Some of the best rideing this summer. No mud holes some soft areas but nothing you cant handel. When it comes to hunters creek take a page from nike and just do it.

More
11 years 11 months ago #8874 by alex
alex replied the topic: trail conditions Sat. 7/16
Thunderstorms hit hard this afternoon...better wait a couple days !!
humidity was already 90% so we didn't actually get any wetter :D

More
12 years 1 week ago #8555 by Jon Sundquist
Never mind. We got hammered by thunderstorms this morning.

More
12 years 1 week ago #8554 by Jon Sundquist
Took a quick look at the washouts on my way back from Jim's swim meet Sat. afternoon. Not too different from last year's Hurricane damage.

Any trail that had a place for the water to drain off to was dry, so if the thunderstorms keep missing the park (looks like the hit E-ville tonight) then the well drained trails should be good to go. If you run into mud holes make sure you ride through them, not around them.

More
12 years 1 week ago #8550 by Jon Sundquist

z06ontrack wrote: Jon I'm sure you are headed that way soon.

Nope, another swim meet for Jim this weekend. I'm in Rochester now for it.

The riding should be good in E-ville everyone. Get out and enjoy it down there!

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.