Topic-icon Latest Hunters Conditions

More
3 months 5 days ago #44953 by pmac225

Wow! an actual trail update! I rode a lot of areas today and the trails were in great shape except Mirkwood. A pack of about 6-7 horses just had gone through there and made a real mess. I'm not trying to put down equestrians here, but all trail users should use a little sense in the impact they may cause whether due to riding in poor conditions or using some trails that just won't hold up to certain activities.
Another thing, that I am reluctantly to bring up is the building of stunts on certain trails. At first, I thought it was really cool to have these features and still do. However, they seem to be getting rebuilt bigger every week or two. This may have a negative impact on our presence in the park. Just my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #44941 by barkeater

Rode last nite and trails on west side were great. There was evidence of a horse recently but easy enough to navigate around the droppings.
Unfortunately, I was not so lucky to avoid some dog droppings :(
Other than that there is a tree down just north of the foundation on the wide trail (between 23 & 27).
Still, great conditions!

More
6 months 3 days ago #44936 by Jon Sundquist

Some of the best May conditions in years! Some wet sections still from seeps, mostly upper mirkwood (the yellow trail across the creek from Mirkwood) and trails near the pipeline.

More
6 months 3 days ago #44935 by Jon Sundquist

Recent conditions posts got lost during a recent website hack. Starting them up again now.

More
1 year 3 months ago #44928 by Jon Sundquist

Big T-storm last night in EA. Radar says Hunters got it too. Ground was still wet this morning in my yard. Maybe give it a couple of days to re-dry.

More
1 year 3 months ago #44926 by Jon Sundquist

Trails in good shape last night. Only one with real problems is the orange trail north (downhill) from the pipeline. At least the boardwalk parts there are dry ;) I got rained on biking into work today, but I checked the radar and it seems that T-storm mostly passed north of the park, so things should still be good to go. Remember - don't widen the trail!! If there is mud, ride straight through it!!

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.