Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Latest Hunters Conditions

Latest Hunters Conditions 5 days 12 hours ago #44917

Went riding at Hunter's yesterday - trails are pretty good. I'd say 80% of the spots are dry - but the spots that are muddy are MUDDY. West end was surprisingly drier than I expected, but suggest sticking to eastern trails.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Latest Hunters Conditions 1 month 1 week ago #44905

Attempted a ride yesterday hoping to piece together some reasonably dry loops. I encountered a lot of wet/muddy spots and aborted after about 30 minutes. I would avoid Hunter's until the weather improves. Although, I realize I am only preaching to the choir here as the parking lot was full.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 2 months 3 weeks ago #44896

Not August conditions, but quite dry. Trails with seeps still wet here or there, but overall verygood. I didn't check out trails that are usually slow driers like upper Mirkwood or the blue trail, so those may still be wet. But enjoy the early season riding while you can!

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 3 months 1 day ago #44875

The trails at Hunters are starting to dry out nicely. Some of the drier sections are pretty close to being ready to ride. I'm optimistic that with some good weather the drier trails might be ok to ride by this weekend, although it might still be tough to link together all the dry sections. Keep in mind that the wetter trails are still a complete mess. I'd definitely avoid anything north of the pipeline for a while, many of these trails are still several inches of mud!

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 5 months 1 week ago #44854

Snow on the trails. Time to grab the XC skis.

Re: Latest Hunters Conditions 1 year 3 weeks ago #44738

irishman13 wrote:
So am I supposed to ride through horse shit or ride around? I don't want to damage the trails

Bunny hop it!!!
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.