• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Weekly night rides at the brook
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Weekly night rides at the brook

Weekly night rides at the brook 1 year, 11 months ago #42679

Anyone interested in getting a night group together maybe sometime this weekend, or at least before next Wednesday?

Haven't had the light out yet this season, and it'd probably be good if the first ride wasn't a race.
  • drabb

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42680

I am going to use a tactical light mount made by Fenix which is $13.95 on Amazon.com along with a 1" Maglite that has a on/off button on the cap and cost about $25.00 at Home Depot. I never ride at night so its tough to justify spending big money on a bike specific light. The Mini Mag lights I have used for hunting have always been very bright and this 1" model is bigger so it should be fine.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42681

kjl845 wrote:
I am going to use a tactical light mount made by Fenix which is $13.95 on Amazon.com along with a 1" Maglite that has a on/off button on the cap and cost about $25.00 at Home Depot. I never ride at night so its tough to justify spending big money on a bike specific light. The Mini Mag lights I have used for hunting have always been very bright and this 1" model is bigger so it should be fine.

I hate to say it, but unless you have night vision like an owl, that set-up is not going to work very well.

Unfortunately, it takes some bucks to ride at night effectively.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42682

You should be fine for the races as you will probably only need your lights for the last part of the race. Just so you know if you spend about double you can get a decent bike specific light. There are some really nice high output systems for just over a hundo, which includes everything; light, helmet and bar mounts, battery, charger and carry case. It is worth the investment. Riding a trail you have ridden a million times is totally different at night.
Rabb Man, how about Saturday or Sunday night? We could BITS (Butt In The Saddle) at 6:30 and be at the Inn by 9.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42683

Scotto wrote:
Rabb Man, how about Saturday or Sunday night? We could BITS (Butt In The Saddle) at 6:30 and be at the Inn by 9.

I'm good for either, though Sunday is actually better. (on the fence about the brew fest at the ballpark on Sat afternoon)

Any other race peeps interested in getting a night ride in ???
  • drabb

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42684

Sunday night it is. 6:30 BITS. Meet at the XC hut lot.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42690

Sounds good.

Gives me another day to find my 'misplaced' helmet mount...
  • drabb

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42700

Great ride last night with bike carnage near the end. If you ask TJ VP, the ride and crash were EPIC. Let's try to make this a weekly event. Just the ride that is, we can do without the crashes. Plus we have to make it during the week when the Colden Inn is open a little later. We had to go all the way to Bar Bill for post ride wings and beverage.
connect.garmin.com/activity/223726476

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42712

20mi??? Man, your Garmin wheel sensor is WAYYYY off.
  • drabb

Re: Weekly night rides at the brook 1 year, 11 months ago #42713

That’s a nice distance at a decent pace for night riding, plus a max HR of 190, WOW.

May have to try and rearrange my schedule for the next one.

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: Weekly night rides at the brook 1 year, 11 months ago #42751

This week it will be on Monday, 6:30 BITS at the XC warming hut lot.

Re: Weekly night rides at the brook 1 year, 11 months ago #42755

Chime in to let us know you are coming, this way if you're running a little late we can wait for you.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.