Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 12 months ago #39215

I will be there! I'm figuring about 1 1/2 hours from Cheektowaga-

WOW- I am a complete idiot! I thought it was tommmorrow- I finally realized it wasn't when I just reread post- I would have been sitting there at parking lot tommorrow am like a complete moron. I'm not lying- My Camelback is sitting in kitchen and i just packed up my shoes.
See what kind of attention span I have on 5 hours of sleep each night

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by penguin.

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 12 months ago #39217

major potential oops... see you on the 10th... also keep us updated on your new lights.

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 12 months ago #39218

That would have made for one heck of a story for the WNYMBA forum!

Just to reiterate, the ride is on September 10th, and we'll be meeting/leaving from the Chautauqua Gorge State Forest at 9:00am. g.co/maps/n43n

I actually figured out a way to shorten our distance on the tarmac by 1 mile and to eliminate the long road climbs. Once we exit the Rails to Trails, we'll hang a left onto Titus Road, a right onto RT. 430, left onto 302, right onto Walt Corners, and a left onto Bates Road. This takes care of 300 feet of climbing.

Old Route: www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5037258

New Route: www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5037255

There's still two weeks to prepare yourselves for this ride. I hope to hear from more of you!

Jake

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39224

There is a good chance I'll be there.

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39311

Despite the drizzle and occasional rain showers during this past week, Don Paul's latest forecast leaves me optimistic that Saturday is going to be partly cloudy and 72. Unless his forecast changes, the Overland Ride is a go! I hope to see some of you out there for what promises to be a day long adventure

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39316

we,,, most of chaut. county,,, have dodged the rain for the most part over the last few days....so as bodie6 says, unless there is a huge rain issue today or tomorrow,, conditions and temp should be sweet...would be nice to see a pile of people there... this can go a long way to support the budding chaut. greenway plan and new mountain biking trails in chaut. county.

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39335

If you have a rear fender, you might want to bring it in case we run into some puddles. Although it doesn't look like it's going to rain, there is a slight chance, so bring rain gear if you feel the urge. I'm looking forward to seeing some new faces and to having a great time on the Overland Trail.

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39338

I am out for tommorrow- 6 hours of kneeling on ground wiring electrical panels at work did my legs in. I also forgot Paws in the Park (SPCA dog walk fundraiser)is tommorrow which is a yearly thing for us.
Have a great ride!

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 2 years, 11 months ago #39354

Despite some intermittent sprinkles during the day, the Overland Ride was a huge success. Great group of riders, good dirt, and some really yummy beers to conclude the day. Thanks to all those who showed up!

ParkingLot.jpg

Field.jpg

Trail.jpg

Re: Overland Ride - Saturday, September 10th 3 months, 1 week ago #44670

Yesterday had the chance to walk the line of single track that Joe R. is putting in over in Whalen State Forest in Chautauqua County, for those who routinely enjoy the West Overland, this addition of single track will enhance the experience, Joe was at HHE's WNYMBA trail day on Saturday, and hopes to have a similar trail day with his project, we will post it up here, but are hoping to snag folks from Erie to make this a more home grown effort.

For those who have yet to have a taste of Chaut. County riding, consider on making it down, Bodie 6's epic Overland adventures are what songs are written about, (well, not very good songs,, but MZ will sing them for you if you ask, even if you don't ask)...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.