• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 1 year, 4 months ago #43420

Yeah, my guess is the naming they're using on that map is old? The map looks correct to me otherwise. If you look in the upper right, you can see Rt. 26 North to State College.

This Google Map shows the route with a little more context.
  • drabb

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 1 year, 4 months ago #43421

No better investment than these.

www.purplelizard.com/collections/frontpage/products/raystown-lake-trail-map
www.purplelizard.com/collections/maps/products/rothrock-trail-map

Mike Herman is my hero; I want to be a cartographer like him.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 1 year, 4 months ago #43422

Jon Sundquist wrote:

This is the exact map that the guys at Freeze Thaw sold me. Really, really nice map, and it's printed on some sort of coated paper so your sweat doesn't destroy it in your jersey pocket.
  • drabb

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 1 year, 3 months ago #43424

The guys at Rothrock have gotten a machine, here's a fall fresh new trail.
Now its just a matter of how many weekends I can get away. 50% sounds fair.
There's also supposed to be a new map for Bald Eagle SF next door coming out, but I can't find it anywhere.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by fat guy.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 1 year, 3 months ago #43427

The purple lizard maps are good. The maps of past routes for the 101 and stoopid 50 are also good b/c you know the trails have been ridden/maintained. I have this guy's guide - Griz Guides. It is a real nice guide. Its a little dated, but the main trails are accurate and if you email him, he will tell you what's still good. I have the Rothrock and Bald Eagle guides. IMO they are worth it. Here's the link: www.grizguides.com/guidebooks.php I like Greenwood/Rothrock better than Bald Eagle, seems to have more single track that links together to give you options.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST
Last Edit: 1 year, 3 months ago by Painfulldischarge.
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds

Vote For the HV Flow Trail!

Bell Built Voting Starts in... 18 Days

Voting Starts: 05.05.2014 00:00 See What's it About

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.