• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37786

You can tell by my tire how perfect the trail conditions were. It was just traction city.

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Whenever I see a rider on the trail without a hat, it makes me mad. It's like, I wear a hat, so they should wear a hat too. Sometimes I say helpful things to them, like, "hey, where's your hat?".

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37787

it was my first time down there, certainly won't be my last, conditions great, the atmosphere with other riders,,, we chatted with one of the guys who helped get the trails started... gave NAMBA folk some things to keep in mind as we go towards our Jakes Rocks Project.

vodoo, where did you park, what side did you ride? did you get to hyrdo,,, rays revenge??

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37788

certainly worth the ride, I will want to get back down there later in season, when my legs and lungs are a bit more up to the task..
0403011237.jpg

0403011537.jpg

0403011323a.jpg

0403011312.jpg

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37789

twright wrote:
vodoo, where did you park, what side did you ride? did you get to hyrdo,,, rays revenge??

We parked at the Buck Trail lot.

This was our transport vehicle:

We rode Buck, Allie, Grippis, Ridge, Berry Patch, Sidewinder, Osprey, Hydro, and Fawn.

I wanted to do more, including Ray's Revenge, but my riding partner was a tad under the weather. Next time we'll hit every trail in the joint.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Whenever I see a rider on the trail without a hat, it makes me mad. It's like, I wear a hat, so they should wear a hat too. Sometimes I say helpful things to them, like, "hey, where's your hat?".

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37791

Could somebody please post a map or directions on how to get there? I'm a little under the weather (internet lazy) because I just got back from Wilkesboro, NC and it has been raining since I got back. Heavy depression is setting in, so I got to get out on the bike and ride MF ride. Thanks in adavnce!

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37793

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37794

vodoo, we were parked right across from you,, towards the end.. the bunch of old guys, the day was fantastic.. how long did it take you guys to get down there.. I hope to get down again, mid summer, and then in the fall.

my guess is just a tad under 3 hours from warren... about 315 from jamestown,,, I am only guessing here, but probably a little less than three from Bradford, PA which is on 219....

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37795

It took us exactly three hours from Olean.

We will definitely be back very soon. The trails around us probably need another month to dry out, so I may be there every weekend until then.

We may even drag the camper down there for a weekend or two.

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37796

If you go, check out the Main Street Cafe in Alexandria on the way back. Good eats and it's right on the way home!!

www.mainstcafe.us/

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37798

My girlfriend and I made it down to Raystown twice last summer. The first time we ended up staying for two nights, and the second for one night. The best place to camp is definitely at the 7 Points Campground. The facilities are extremely clean, and you can ride to the small trailhead (drive to the larger one). Here was the view I woke up to at our campsite.
014.JPG

The best place to eat, in my opinion, is Boxer's Cafe in Huntingdon. The place is biker friendly, so you can go there smelling like a mixture of rhino a$$ and swamp water and no one will bat an eye. Plus, they have a whole stack of Dirt Rag magazines to look over while you wait for your food. The Rueben was especially good. www.boxerscafe.com/

Gotta Love the Allegrippis Trails:

018.JPG

021.JPG

034.JPG

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37799

bodie6 wrote:
The best place to eat, in my opinion, is Boxer's Cafe in Huntingdon. The place is biker friendly, so you can go there smelling like a mixture of rhino a$$ and swamp water and no one will bat an eye. Plus, they have a whole stack of Dirt Rag magazines to look over while you wait for your food. The Rueben was especially good. www.boxerscafe.com/

I'll scope that place out fo sho.

How about the jumps at this place? I had my bike off the ground more yesterday than all my rides at home last year combined

Re: Southern Tier to Raystown Lake Sunday 3 years ago #37805

oh, Jake, I forgot you had to stay home and do homework,, actually we didn't have a great time at all. there was 3 inches of snow on the ground, some mean spirited skunks, and we all had flats, since none of us went ghetto tubless..

so you two didn't miss much,, those pics, are just stock photos I found on the internet,
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Vote For the HV Flow Trail!

Bell Built Voting Starts in... 17 Days

Voting Starts: 05.05.2014 00:00 See What's it About

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.