• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tire Recommendations?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tire Recommendations?

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year, 1 month ago #44379

I second the 29-3 / XR3 tires. They are big, fairly light, grip well, and roll fairly fast for what they are. The 29-2 / XR2 is even bigger and faster if you don't need quite as much grip.

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year, 1 month ago #44380

Yeah, they were quite nice tonight. I felt like I was going a little slower, but that most likely was due to the high heat and humidity. I was more soaked tonight than any time this summer. I thought we were through with that shit!

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year, 1 month ago #44383

Jon Sundquist wrote:
Yeah, they were quite nice tonight. I felt like I was going a little slower, but that most likely was due to the high heat and humidity. I was more soaked tonight than any time this summer. I thought we were through with that shit!

Exactly. We were all drenched tonight.

Your body gets used to cooler weather, then it's a boiler room again....
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year ago #44418

Over the past 2 years all my bikes I've switched over to the Maxxis Ignitors.. they just work!

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year ago #44419

This was my 1st season on Maxxis Ignitors 29ers, I got to say I was less than impressed with them. I have a strong feeling I'll be going back to Maxxis Crossmarks next summer.
2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year ago #44420

When the weather became a little wet in August I swapped my Ignitor back to a Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35 super tacky up front and a Maxxis High Roller 2.35 60a in back and I must say that I am enjoying these tires a lot more. Now that it is dry again I can really compare them to the Ignitor. More control and confidence in corners and the softer front tire compound feels a bit more supple on the roots. There is a small weight and rolling resistance penalty but I am not racing so they work well.

The crossmark look slike a great tire for racing in the dry.

Tire Recommendations? 1 year ago #44422

maxxis ardent 2.4 Exo...the non version sucks. or try the new ikon 2.35 Exo, i hear good things
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Tire Recommendations? 1 year ago #44426

Do you think you really need the EXO casing for our trails? It adds almost a quarter pound of weight on a set of tires.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.