Username Password: Remember me

2012 upgrades
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2012 upgrades

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 7 months ago #40496

Does anyone use these?

www.enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 7 months ago #40497

I tried them on my Pivot and I wouldn't recommend them. They may have the tolerance issues worked out now but with mine the one sleeve was a micron too small and you could feel the play. When I called them up about it, he said it wasn't going to damage anything by riding it with the play. I just went back to my DU bushing and sent it back. I really didn't think it freed up anything giving it better shock action either.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 7 months ago #40498

Thanks Scott, that is exactly what I wanted to know. If my shock has play I freak out, it won't work for me.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42541

kb voodoo wrote:
bennymack wrote:
I'm getting a set of candy 3's to test my hypothesis that if there's something there to support my foot other than the cages then they'll actually last a little longer. Will probably help prevent the large gouges in the bottom of my shoes as well. I actually wore through the metal egg beater shoe shields in one season.

Definitely let us know how those hold up. I'm tired of buying new Eggbeaters, but I don't want to totally switch away from them either.

Update: The Candy's definitely hold up better than standard Eggbeaters.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42542

I have had problems with mine. The springs are too short and have a tendency to slip inboard/outboard past the cage so they no longer engage. Cost me some time at races and is just an all around PITA... I don't race with them anymore but use them for trail riding. If the spring disengages I can re-center it with a flat head screwdriver.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42543

bennymack wrote:
I have had problems with mine. The springs are too short and have a tendency to slip inboard/outboard past the cage so they no longer engage. Cost me some time at races and is just an all around PITA... I don't race with them anymore but use them for trail riding. If the spring disengages I can re-center it with a flat head screwdriver.

I've converted from crank bros (egg and candy) to shimano and that works solid for me. I would like to try Look or Time...
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42545

I went to Shimano after getting sick of flat pedals again, solid pedals with no issues at all after about 3 months on them. My first ride on egg beaters I had problems.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42548

All three sets of Shimano Clipless pedals I've had over the past 18 years or so are still in working order. This year I have been using the XT's with the extra platform and I like them.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42549

Part of the problem with eggbeaters is there are so many different "grades" of them. You can get some for $20 and some for $150. You seem to get what you pay for with crankbrothers pedals.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42559

Scottish wrote:
Part of the problem with eggbeaters is there are so many different "grades" of them. You can get some for $20 and some for $150. You seem to get what you pay for with crankbrothers pedals.

That is not 100% true, the candy is just complete junk but the rest of the difference is in the spindle material. Either way, they have whimpy springs IMO.

I'm liking my shimano's.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42560

Scottish wrote:

$20-$300, all garbage

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 1 month ago #42561

Garick wrote:
Scottish wrote:

$20-$300, all garbage

HI FIVE!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.