Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2012 upgrades
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2012 upgrades

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40448

kb voodoo wrote:
boogenman wrote:
I have always liked a nice single pivot FS bike, the 29'er superlite is nice.

The 650B Superlight is even nicer

I agree

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40449

boogenman wrote:
kb voodoo wrote:
boogenman wrote:

The 650B Superlight is even nicer

I agree

Eric is working on a quote for my wheels right now.

What do you recommend for hubs: Chris King ISO or Hope Pro II?
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40450

I dont really care for anything from Hope so out of the two I would go with King.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40451

boogenman wrote:

I'd like to test that bike too, I'm not sure all of this multi pivot/linkage hyp is that benificial.
But, then again, what do I know about bikes.

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40452

Mojo Man wrote:
boogenman wrote:

I'd like to test that bike too, I'm not sure all of this multi pivot/linkage hyp is that benificial.

Mojo

You are a engineer right? You should know something about which design would work best. Why did you buy a Mojo?

Dave Weagle(DW link) sure thinks his design is the cats ass. My 2007 Giant Reign is a 100% ripoff of a DW link and I must say the suspension sure works well.

I have owned a DH bike with pretty much every suspension design other than DW and I think the good old Horst link worked the best for DH racing. I have had 2 single pivot bikes, one high and one low pivot, both pedaled pretty bad but everything else was nice.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by boogenman.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40454

boogenman wrote:
Mojo Man wrote:
boogenman wrote:

Mojo

You are a engineer right? You should know something about which design would work best. Why did you buy a Mojo?

Dave Weagle(DW link) sure thinks his design is the cats ass. My 2007 Giant Reign is a 100% ripoff of a DW link and I must say the suspension sure works well.

I have owned a DH bike with pretty much every suspension design other than DW and I think the good old Horst link worked the best for DH racing. I have had 2 single pivot bikes, one high and one low pivot, both pedaled pretty bad but everything else was nice.

It guess it depends on which Engineering discipline you studied and have working knowledge/experience in. Unfortunately I’m not a suspension expert, all I can do is offer my mechanical background and take a common sense approach, which in most cases is enough to get me by. I also don’t want to or care to read all of the “dry” technical papers written on the different systems, either.

As for knowing what feels most efficient or works well on the trail that’s a matter of personal preference. For me it depends on the type of riding I am currently doing and enjoying.

Last year I’ve been riding a HT 29’r SS XC about 99 % of the time, plus 90% of my riding/training has been at Sprag. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to the snappiness of the HT when I ride, so when I get on my Mojo, it feels, well, squishy.

I solely bought my Mojo an all of the hype I’ve read, and dealers I’ve talked too, is that a good way to buy a bike, hell no, but then again we don’t live where all of the top bike manufactures have consumer demoing.

Time will tell….and if I’m wrong about my buying decisions, there’s always E bay.

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Mojo Man.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40455

IMAG0358.jpg

thinned out and added to the herd...

IMAG0356.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by twright.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40472

Mojo Man wrote:
boogenman wrote:
Mojo Man wrote:
boogenman wrote:

Mojo

It guess it depends on which Engineering discipline you studied and have working knowledge/experience in. Unfortunately I’m not a suspension expert, all I can do is offer my mechanical background and take a common sense approach, which in most cases is enough to get me by. I also don’t want to or care to read all of the “dry” technical papers written on the different systems, either.

As for knowing what feels most efficient or works well on the trail that’s a matter of personal preference. For me it depends on the type of riding I am currently doing and enjoying.

Last year I’ve been riding a HT 29’r SS XC about 99 % of the time, plus 90% of my riding/training has been at Sprag. I guess I’ve grown accustomed to the snappiness of the HT when I ride, so when I get on my Mojo, it feels, well, squishy.

I solely bought my Mojo an all of the hype I’ve read, and dealers I’ve talked too, is that a good way to buy a bike, hell no, but then again we don’t live where all of the top bike manufactures have consumer demoing.

Time will tell….and if I’m wrong about my buying decisions, there’s always E bay.

Mojo

DW link is pretty damn spot on...Giant's Mastero (previous owner)is as well. as for my current wip, niner's cva is also pretty damn good.

as for HT, yeah i'm trying to rock that out...it's been awhile, and i agree with training and getting some miles in on the SS, mine is almost completely built and i'm looking to drop 15lbs this year...
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40474

bennymack wrote:
I currently have theory with regards to the longevity of egg beater pedals, or the lack thereof. I think that the cages are constantly being pushed apart by the act of pedaling and cause the springs to wear out prematurely. Riding in a primarily high-torque single-speed manner probably doesn't help either.

I'm getting a set of candy 3's to test my hypothesis that if there's something there to support my foot other than the cages then they'll actually last a little longer. Will probably help prevent the large gouges in the bottom of my shoes as well. I actually wore through the metal egg beater shoe shields in one season.

i had a pair of those last year. the only thing i did not like about them besides the ocassional pop out from rock strike (seemed not as tight) was the fact that the platform tappers outward giving a rocking effect under your foot. i used to like the solid flat mini platform that surrouned the eggbeater.
  • TJ_Zydel
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40475

Scotto wrote:
I like it! Except I have to build up a SS, but from the looks of THIS: www.bikerumor.com/2012/02/21/first-look-santa-cruz-superlight-29er-highball-alloy-29er-mountain-bikes/
I may be building up a new SS soon. I like the design of those interchangeable dropouts.

my permanant SS 29'er is almost done finally...except front wheel sharing ha.
  • TJ_Zydel
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Scotto.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40477

Thom - Your Kona is even sweeter than I thought. Great build!

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 9 months ago #40479

m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=xrQV8qtKscw

If the link doesn't work for you then go to YouTube and search SRAM cage lock infomercial. The best thing ever for guys who like to shove their bikes in their cars.
lowly shop broom pusher since 2000
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.