• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2012 upgrades
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2012 upgrades

2012 upgrades 2 years, 11 months ago #40043

I just got my rear shock back from Push Industries! This was #1 on my list of needed upgrades, my rear shock was in desperate need of a rebuild and I needed the standard air can. I also paid a bit extra ($29)to get the Factory Tuning System. After getting some other stuff Push tuned in the past I'm a firm believer in getting my stuff tuned for my weight, style and bike.

I'm also looking at the Sun Ringle Charger Pro wheels and the Shimano XT PD-M785 pedal, anyone here use them? I read that they are really durable and an all around nice pedal.

Now all we need is some consistant cold or warm weather

Photographic goodness of my pushed RP23
THis is all the stuff that was replaced and changed with the rebuild and factory tune:

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by boogenman.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 11 months ago #40046

Only $29?

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 11 months ago #40048

$29 more for the Factory Tuning System on top of the $130 for the rebuild.

www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=30&type=products&title=FOX RP23&product_id=30

All of the parts(shims and piston) on the left side of the first pic would have stayed inside the shock. The compression shims are all warped from shim fatigue, glad I had the work done.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by boogenman.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40246

The eggbeaters I have been hating since day 1 finally broke and I am thinking about using clipless for at least some of the up coming season. Does anyone have the Shimano XT PD-M785 or PD-M780? I think Richard Cunninham and Mountain bike Action suck balls but during an epiphany I read a review he did about these pedals and liked what I was reading. I am also open to other pedal suggestions other than anything crank Bros.

*Simple design, inexpensive and durable are what I am looking for*

Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by boogenman.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40248

I currently have theory with regards to the longevity of egg beater pedals, or the lack thereof. I think that the cages are constantly being pushed apart by the act of pedaling and cause the springs to wear out prematurely. Riding in a primarily high-torque single-speed manner probably doesn't help either.

I'm getting a set of candy 3's to test my hypothesis that if there's something there to support my foot other than the cages then they'll actually last a little longer. Will probably help prevent the large gouges in the bottom of my shoes as well. I actually wore through the metal egg beater shoe shields in one season.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40249

I am not going to test anything with the eggbeaters again. Having the body seperate from the spindle mid ride was enough for me. Not only did they bum pedal leave me riding one footed on a fast section of trail but it also cut my ride and time with Scotto short

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40252

Why switch to clipless? Deity or answer flats with 5/10s.
  • Lucas

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40254

I already ride with Easton Flatboys and fivetens. The clipless are nice for hammer fest rides at Sprauge or trips down to eville.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40261

bennymack wrote:
I'm getting a set of candy 3's to test my hypothesis that if there's something there to support my foot other than the cages then they'll actually last a little longer. Will probably help prevent the large gouges in the bottom of my shoes as well. I actually wore through the metal egg beater shoe shields in one season.

Definitely let us know how those hold up. I'm tired of buying new Eggbeaters, but I don't want to totally switch away from them either.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40268

The time atac series of pedals are awesome. They take a serious beating, hold up and are always easy to get in and out of (but never when you don't want to)
lowly shop broom pusher since 2000

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40269

My Shimano 747's have been absolutely trouble free since 1999. I just replaced them with the M530 SLX pedals with the cage like the XT's pictured above. I haven't used them yet. I'm hoping that I can get some Mavic UST rims from Eric's by Spring. Not much else in the budget this year.

Re: 2012 upgrades 2 years, 10 months ago #40274

Time pedals!

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.