• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Are 26ers dead?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Are 26ers dead?

Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43830

Should be fun trying to find the answer....
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43831

So is that the Pisgah, Tsali, DuPont bomber? Dang, I wish had my new frame. You're going to be the odd ball being the only one riding little wheels.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43832

I still have my Truth!

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43833

They're ok for like a park bike. But when long distances are involved you're gonna want all the efficiency you can get.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43834

I'm still on these so called little wheels. My next bike will also have little wheels or maybe 27.5.

Once you get some time on the bike I am interested to hear about your fork. Xfusion is becoming a big player in the market.

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43835

Hey Boogenman, Long straight 210cm ski's will still get you down the ski slopes too but it doesn't mean it's the best way these days.
Sliders Guy
Colden, NY

Chains and shifters are history.

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43836

Skinny wheels, big wheels or medium wheels, you still kick my ass, lol

Sweet ride

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43837

I still say it's a matter of personal preference and riding style. I'm back on 26" and loving it, but if your main objective is to get from point A to point B as efficiently as possible, then maybe clown wheels are your answer.

My objective is to have fun surfing the trails.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43838

kb voodoo wrote:

+1

"Efficiency" had no bearing in the decision to build this bike or the parts selection. I have a hardtail with clown wheels when I want efficiency and speed from A to B. This bike is about putting some fun back into riding.

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43839

slower_than_u wrote:
kb voodoo wrote:

+1

"Efficiency" had no bearing in the decision to build this bike or the parts selection. I have a hardtail with clown wheels when I want efficiency and speed from A to B. This bike is about putting some fun back into riding.

You make me want to keep my Mojo

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43840

That is one sexy looking beast.

I like my clown bike, but I do miss the razor sharp handling of smaller wheels. My next frame will use smaller wheels for sure, likely 650Bs.
2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter

Re: Are 26ers dead? 1 year, 7 months ago #43841

Mojo Man wrote:
You make me want to keep my Mojo

I think you'll be sorry if you sell it. My decision to go back to FS was made last summer after following a club member at Hunter's Creek on a Mojo. I've never ridden with this guy before but as KB Voodoo put it, he was literally surfing the trail. Every root was a berm and every rock was a jump. I was riding the clown wheel hardtail, trying to pick the smoothest line and still struggling to keep the bike underneath me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by slower_than_u.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.