• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Boycott USAC?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boycott USAC?

Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43810

I know Scotto looked at the USAC thing for WNYMBA events. All I have to say is good call NOT sending USAC our money.
reviews.mtbr.com/the-angry-singlespeeder-a-year-without-usa-cycling

One of my favorites, the Six Hours of Warrior Creek got an MTBR "shout out" on page 2.
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 1 year ago by slower_than_u.

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43811

...and it sold out in 36 minutes without having the USAC sanction

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
Last Edit: 1 year ago by Mojo Man.

Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43815

they need to figure out what they want in the MTB community. they are continuously, further ruining relationships and making it harder for people to enjoy racing.
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43883

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43884

Scottish wrote:

Key work in that article is postpone, still no real solution. I guess we'll see what happens next year at this time.
MTBR article

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43885

This would not only effect a few of us here, but if any of our friends to the north were competing in the O-Cup series (i believe you need a UCI licence) wouldnt they be in violation by doing short hills races and our races?

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43886

I think people would only be in violation if someone blew the whistle on them. Plus this mostly pertains to top level pros that race international events. I highly doubt that the UCI is going to investigate any protests at these levels. Like it says in your article, they are postponing for this year. So really no one has to worry about it.

Re: Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43887

Scottish wrote:
This would not only effect a few of us here, but if any of our friends to the north were competing in the O-Cup series (i believe you need a UCI licence) wouldnt they be in violation by doing short hills races and our races?

The OCA would have to enforce the UCI rule in Ontario. To date they have not had any official response to the USAC and UCI decree on the rule and it's enforcement.

The OCA would have no authority for races in New York State or any other area outside of Ontario.

I personally can not see the OCA enforcing this rule in 2014. Ontario is too small and the number of people holding a UCI licence would be low. It would even get lower if they tried to enforce it.

O Cups can be raced without a UCI licence in Ontario. Citizens permits are allowed to be purchased and used for the occasional racer and there is also the try-a-ocup program.

For 2013 the SHCC races will remain unsanctioned by the UCI/OCA and insured through IMBA Canada. For the SHCC races beyond 2013, we will have to see how this plays out and the affect it will have on our events...

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 using Tapatalk 2 for BB10

Re: Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43888

The issue with this rule isn't going away. USAC/UCI postponed it to 2014 under the tremendous push back they we're receiving from top tier riders and teams. IMO, it's evidence that USAC has no idea what is going on in mountain bike racing.

Unless you're earning a living riding a bike, I don't think you need to worry about being fined. Forgive me if I've overlooked somebody but I don't believe anybody in WNY meets that criteria.

I've never heard a single person at a MTB race say "I'd pay a higher entry fee is this race was USAC sanctioned" or "this race would have been so much better if it were USAC sanctioned." Those that compete in other disciplines seem to have bought into the USAC model but it seems that it's going to be a tough sell to those that only do MTB.
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

Re: Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43889

lowly shop broom pusher since 2000

Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43891

dumb...not important. sorry everyone, we each should just push ourselves, make side beer bets and then share with me after the races and hang out. it so annoying. sure call me "not competitive, no fitness oriented" but we should just ride and have fun. some day in the semi near future I hope we can have a big 200+ person "sanctioned" race. maybe by them there will be a new jurisdiction that gets it...or?!
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Boycott USAC? 1 year ago #43893

Maybe a big sanctioned race, but I doubt it will be with USAC. They won't ever step up and do what is right for the racer, that is make it accessible while giving racers and promoters backing and value with support.
reviews.mtbr.com/new-national-sanctioning-body-set-to-compete-with-usa-cycling
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Vote For the HV Flow Trail!

Bell Built Voting Starts in... 13 Days

Voting Starts: 05.05.2014 00:00 See What's it About

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.