• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44079

Interesting that this setup gave me a better score for a fifth place finish than a fourth. But I guess it's not valid anyway since we're not doing overall. Or maybe I'm just wrong/confused/etc.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44080

bennymack wrote:
Interesting that this setup gave me a better score for a fifth place finish than a fourth. But I guess it's not valid anyway since we're not doing overall. Or maybe I'm just wrong/confused/etc.

I think it's because your 5th place finish(+3:46.7) was closer to the overall winner than your fourth place finish [+3:54.8]
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by slower_than_u.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44081

Co-Race Director Scott has it right. It is the percentage (in seconds) you are behind the leader. Scores are different for overall because there are more riders in the overall than in each individual age group. I always like having the overall to look at just to see how I stack up in the whole class.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44082

I agree Scott. I would like to talk to you more on Wed about this. Other Scott you are correct with Dave's points. (Sorry Dave)
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Scottish.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44083

If you look at the Webscorer series standings and hit show all (which shows your finish time and position for each race) then use a simple points per finish position, you'll see there are a few ties already. Some finishes are just for people who showed. The % back system reflects the racer's true performance based on the leader for that race. Again a tie is highly unlikely. Plus we wanted to go with something that was a little different.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44084

Any chance there will be aid stations stocked with beer for the last race? All this talk of points, percentages, and standings is making me thirsty.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44085

Those aid stations were present last week and will be there for the next two races. There will be a larger station for the last race awards and WNYMBA general meeting being held at the park. Come on down.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44086

Since I can't open the PDF file, common sense tells me I should be in 2nd, John in first, with our worst finish dropped. And….then subtract the bonus points for competing on a SS and I’m back in first? LOL

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44087

David,
It's a listing of all the experts and not broken down by age group. You're almost pefectly in the middle. It's for reference only and doesn't mean much since prizes will be awarded by age group within your class(expert).

**Ha! Scotto and I were typing at the same time.**
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by slower_than_u.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44088

Just to set things straight so there is no more confusion. The PDF is an overall result list, which we are not using for scoring. Also, the worst race will not be dropped until after the completed 5th race is added to the series manager. That's if racers end up doing all five races, using the best four finishes.
In Mojo's case, he is in first place with 3 races, Fuller (3 races) is second and J-Ro is in third (2 races). If you have -2 or more races you will not be placed in the standings. A DNF counts as if you did not race.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Scotto.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44124

Please go HERE for race results, series standings and registration for race #5.

Re: 2013 WNYMBA Sprague Brook Race Series 1 year, 4 months ago #44125

Another great time racing, hanging out and drinking some tasty spuds. Can life get any better?

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.