• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sprauge Brook September weekly race series
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 11 months ago #42574

Registration for Race #1 only is available here: webscorer.com/register?raceid=3651
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42581

As a potential racer- someone who has wanted to race for many many years but havnt gotten to it.. I will say it would be helpful if you guys had course maps for each planned race course.

edited to say, it would just give me an idea of what I am getting in to.

I have been riding the brook a lot this year and a race would be fun. Unfortunately, I do work until 5 and I am in the North end of Amherst. Makes it tough..
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by kbillan.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42582

Scotto wrote:
connect.garmin.com/activity/198174447
The direction is counter clockwise, starting near the XC ski warming hut. Basically on the XC ski trail, through a mowed field, making a left into the single track right before the pallet bridge.
Dan the man is in!
webscorer.com/registerlist?raceid=3259

The map above shows the shorter course on the east side of the park.

The full length Wednesday night race loop is shown in the "Map Your Ride" section that can be accessed from the menu on the left side of the screen.

Unfortunately, we're racing against the setting sun this time of year. We understand a 6pm start time is tough for some people, we'll make every effort to get late comers registered and into the race.

Hope to see you out there.
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by slower_than_u.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42593

Sad day, we cannot figure out how to sync all the iPads for timing the downhill time-trial, a race within a race. So we will just time the race tomorrow like usual and have two 2 race series. We will also have awards for people who race all four races. See you tomorrow!
But we did figure out how to enter late comers, so we could realistically start the race at 6:20 the latest. If you think you will be running late try to let us know. We have preregistration open for both the 4 race series and race one.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42595

bummer on the downhill time trail not working seemed like a really cool idea.

I just registered for the series. Tonight will be the first race of my life, looking forward to it.
  • woodi

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42596

Scotto wrote:
Sad day, we cannot figure out how to sync all the iPads for timing the downhill time-trial, a race within a race. So we will just time the race tomorrow like usual and have two 2 race series. We will also have awards for people who race all four races. See you tomorrow!
But we did figure out how to enter late comers, so we could realistically start the race at 6:20 the latest. If you think you will be running late try to let us know. We have preregistration open for both the 4 race series and race one.

It will still be a fun series with the night races and different courses. The efforts by Scotto and Scott and whoever else volunteers thier time towards these races is very much appreciated. Thankyou!
  • phs

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42597

Good news my son and I stayed up late and may have figured it out, so we're going to give it a try tonight.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42598

Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42600

Remember that race #2 will be located on the east side of the park near the XC ski warming hut. Registration for race #2 in now open HERE. Race start time will be 6pm sharp. This is a shorter course (just under 3 miles a lap) that uses some of the XC ski trails and some single track. Long racers will do 4 laps and short racers will do 3 laps.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42614

If you're thinking about racing weeks 3 and 4 you'll have to run a light. Checkout BIKERAY Lights, great value and they work awesome. I will have my lights to show at this Wednesday's week 2 race. Here is the website: www.xecconamerica.com/

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42622

Another light option is to pickup some of the super cheap Chinese made ones off ebay. I recently picked up two of these www.ebay.com/itm/1600lm-Lumen-Bicycle-Rear-Light-HeadLamp-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Battery-Charger-/180900591192?forcev4exp=true

I haven't got to run mine much yet but a friend who has one likes it a lot and hasn't had any issues with it.

Nothing against bikeray, I'm sure they are very nice lights, just throwing another cheap option out there.
  • woodi
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by woodi.

Re: Sprauge Brook September weekly race series 1 year, 10 months ago #42635

I've never touched these but I feel like plugging a couple US companies since china gets so much play in bike lights. I'd probably buy one of these if I was in the market. Oh yeah...The lumen ratings from china are BS.

reviews.mtbr.com/jetlites-x-51-2012-mtbr-lights-shootout

reviews.mtbr.com/dinotte-xml-3-2012-mtbr-lights-shootout
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Garick.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.