• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Moab, UT
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moab, UT

Moab, UT 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44562

So I have an opportunity in May to go to Moab, UT through work on a off road Jeep excursion. I am excited beyond belief but at the same time trying not to pass up an opportunity to mountain bike while I am out there. I am trying to stay an extra day or at least get an afternoon free to rent a bike. I know a few of you have been out there; if you had to pick or make a recommendation of "must-do" trails out there what would they be? Time is going to be limited
you just gotta give'r

Re: Moab, UT 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44563

Porcupine Rim - no question about it. You can actually do it from downtown (long dirt road ride to the start), or else get a shuttle to the trailhead and ride back to town once you get to the bottom (that's how I did it).

Heard good things about Captain Ahab, too - the new singletrack trail. Haven't ridden that one, though.

Re: Moab, UT 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44565

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4QHMqqobT0

utahmountainbiking.com/trails/porcup.htm

Porcupine rim! awesome. just awesome.

Amasa Back, and sovereign trails also awesome, but not as breathtaking.

Porcupine puts you on the edge of a cliff over the Colorado river.

Slickrock is super fun, you get to climb up walls on a bike. We tried it at night. that was a different experience.

Have Fun
  • adam

Re: Moab, UT 3 months, 1 week ago #44610

Used to live in Colorado and would go up to 4 times per year. Time for one trail? I agree with Porcupine Rim as a must-do. I've tried many trails out there, but Porcupine Rim is my favorite. It will give you rocks, sand, small dropoffs, and exposed ledges. The Slickrock Bike Trail is also a good ride if you've never ridden slickrock surfaces.

Whether you ride to, or get a ride to the trailhead, consider donating a couple of bucks for the per-vehicle entry fee. I'm not sure where the money goes, but in my grandiose and maybe naive mind, hopefully it helps maintain some of the primitive camping areas, road grading, Slickrock trail markings, etc.

If your schedule changes and allows for more time, "The Whole Enchilada" is a shuttle into the La Sal mountains. You ride to Burro Pass at about 11,000 ft., then about a 30-mile descent (including Porcupine Rim) to about 4,000 ft.

Search results for videos of the Whole Enchilada:

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moab+the+whole+enchilada
  • ss

Re: Moab, UT 2 months, 3 weeks ago #44634

I was just in Moab for a day and a half of riding. Amasa back is what was recommended to me by a shop in town and thats what I rode. Hymasa and Captain Ahab are both newer trails in the area that make for some really fun riding. If your schedule allows I've been told porcupine rim and/or the whole enchilada are must do's. Slickrock is a quick loop. its cool that its a completely alien surface but the trail isn't the greatest...do not ride if its windy.

Re: Moab, UT 2 months, 3 weeks ago #44636

Garick:

Can you nail down the whole Wyoming/Colorado/Utah vote for us for the BellBuilt? Hopefully by this weekend, OK?

Thanks.

Re: Moab, UT 2 months, 3 weeks ago #44637

If you don't have most of a day to dedicate to ride Porcupine, the Amasa back trails especially capt ahab is Amazing! Exactly a year ago I was in Moab, and I rented from Chili pepper bikes. Great shop and workers.

Captain Ahab video!

Re: Moab, UT 2 months, 2 weeks ago #44652

I just got back from Moab. I rented a bike from poison spider and ended up riding Porcupine Rim Trail. What a blast! So glad I chose that trail. I did here that Captain Ahab was a really good trail and wish time had to ride it. Because of snow the shuttle could only get us to Kokopelli. I just posted this video this morning:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0oBWo6DkGs&feature=youtu.be
you just gotta give'r
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.