• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Dryer Rd.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dryer Rd.

Dryer Rd. 12 months ago #44400

If anyone is trying to ride this week after the monsoon we had on Saturday, Dryer Rd. in Victor is in superb condition. I rode there yesterday and was amazed at how dry the trail was and how well it help up after the rain Saturday. There was a lot of people out riding yesterday.
you just gotta give'r

Re: Dryer Rd. 10 months, 3 weeks ago #44448

this place lives up to it's name. even after HARD rain storms, the trails are nice and tacky. a couple of the trails end up having a few puddles here and there along the flatter sections, but overall it drains very well.
  • ATF

Re: Dryer Rd. 10 months ago #44467

Thanks! we needed another reminder about how much better everywhere else is than buffalo.

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 4 weeks ago #44469

rgunn26 wrote:
Thanks! we needed another reminder about how much better everywhere else is than buffalo.

ha! Too funny. I loved riding there and they had a great program for young kids in the summer. Great times with no groms for sure.
  • TGS
Ride fast and look good

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44472

In response to rgunn....

I don't understand. Dryer Road is a quick 90 minute drive down the thruway.

There really is not much mountain biking in the city, so you have to drive to where you ride (although, there are some great places for urban riding in the city). It is only 30 minutes further than Ellicottville.

There are a lot of decent places to ride in the area. If they don't suit you, that is unfortunate. Better to enjoy what you have than to constantly bemoan the fact that you don't live on the North Shore.
  • Lucas
Last Edit: 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Lucas.

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44473

I think he is refering to soil drainage.

From arcserver2.iagt.org/vll/data.aspx

vs

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 1 week ago #44477

rgunn26 wrote:

not what I intended to do. I actually recently moved to rochester from buffalo. The trails here are nice but similar to trails in buffalo.

The only better part is that I am a city guy and there are a few trail systems right in the city so driving there isn't a chore.
  • ATF

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 1 week ago #44478

Jon Sundquist wrote:
I think he is refering to soil drainage.

yes, that is exactly what I was referring to
  • ATF

Re: Dryer Rd. 9 months, 1 week ago #44481

ATF wrote:
rgunn26 wrote:

not what I intended to do. I actually recently moved to rochester from buffalo. The trails here are nice but similar to trails in buffalo.

The only better part is that I am a city guy and there are a few trail systems right in the city so driving there isn't a chore.

I left the ROC not long ago and miss it in someways. You can hit Tryon, West Bay and wetlands in no time at least.
  • TGS
Ride fast and look good

Re: Dryer Rd. 8 months ago #44516

I just moved to Roc from Chautauqua County, and although I miss Harris Hill and the Overlands, Rochester offers some really sweet riding. Seneca Park has some nice singletrack, along with the more well-known places, such as Dryer Road, Tryon, and Irondequoit (East Bay). In addition, I really love the other trail systems in the area, such as the Erie Canal Trail, the Genesee River Trail, the 90 mile-long Genesee Valley Greenway Trail, and, of course, Letchworth State Park.

I am hopeful that within the next 5-10 years, we can build some singletrack near Darien Lake Park.

Re: Dryer Rd. 5 months, 1 week ago #44604

I rode Dryer on Saturday and the conditions were superb. Early season conditions with lots of sticks, leaves and branches on the trails; I cleared as much as I could. Rode pretty much every trail there. My bike actually came out cleaner than it went in
you just gotta give'r

Re: Dryer Rd. 4 months, 4 weeks ago #44614

Saweeet! glad to hear that people are hitting dryer.
  • TGS
Ride fast and look good
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.