• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

suggested route at hunters?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: suggested route at hunters?

suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44363

ive ridden there a few times and always seem to be trying to re-create a ride that someone led me on there a year or two ago. I am from out of town, and usually only have afterwork during the week to ride while I am in buffalo. Im hitting up Dryer Rd Park near rochester on my way out from CT.

I usually find myself riding the wrong direction for maximum fun when im at hunters.

which route do you prefer for an after work ride?

much appreciated!

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44367

I won't suggest a route, because there are just too many good ways to go in that place.

What I will say is, you're cheating yourself if you don't start in the lower lot, go up and over the creek, then come back down.

Lots of people start in the middle lot on Centerline Road and never even cross the creek. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Wheelie dropping off the boardwalks in the lower section is the most fun thing in the world.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44372

i've never started there, never ridden that side of the creek. Will do monday or tues night!

Thanks Voodoo! you dont also ride a blue turner do you? if i remember correctly the guy who led me last time rode a blue turner 5-spot i think with some king hubs.

I do love some wheelie dropping!

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44373

bluemirage188 wrote:
i've never started there, never ridden that side of the creek. Will do monday or tues night!

Thanks Voodoo! you dont also ride a blue turner do you? if i remember correctly the guy who led me last time rode a blue turner 5-spot i think with some king hubs.

I do love some wheelie dropping!

Nope, I'm on a smoke colored Ellsworth.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44376

There is alot of great riding on both sides of the creek. However, there has been alot of rain lately so many of the trails may be too wet.

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44381

pmac225 wrote:
There is alot of great riding on both sides of the creek. However, there has been alot of rain lately so many of the trails may be too wet.

Nope conditions great tonight.

Until I got waylaid on putting together the grant proposal this summer, I was working on getting routes up on MTB project website.

Will get back to that soon. Meanwhile, you can at least get a good map to help you know where you are from MTB project.

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44385

kb voodoo wrote:
I won't suggest a route, because there are just too many good ways to go in that place.

What I will say is, you're cheating yourself if you don't start in the lower lot, go up and over the creek, then come back down.

Lots of people start in the middle lot on Centerline Road and never even cross the creek. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Wheelie dropping off the boardwalks in the lower section is the most fun thing in the world.

decend back to the lower lot on the green or blue?

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44386

Jon Sundquist wrote:
pmac225 wrote:

Nope conditions great tonight.

Until I got waylaid on putting together the grant proposal this summer, I was working on getting routes up on MTB project website.

Will get back to that soon. Meanwhile, you can at least get a good map to help you know where you are from MTB project.

Thanks for the link Jon!

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44387

bluemirage188 wrote:
kb voodoo wrote:

decend back to the lower lot on the green or blue?

Same way you went up, orange.

But there's a few different trails that take you back to the lower lot. Hunters is all about trying new routes. Lots of trails there aren't on the map, but that's why it's fun.

Don't try to make sense of the place right away, just ride the shit out of it.

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44388

Saw 4-5 cars with bikes going to hunters while on a Team ride last night. It was a good night to hit the trails.

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44389

Scottish wrote:
Saw 4-5 cars with bikes going to hunters while on a Team ride last night. It was a good night to hit the trails.

Roadie.....

Re: suggested route at hunters? 1 year, 2 months ago #44390

thnx voodoo! hoping to get in a ride at least a few nights next week.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.