• Facebook: wnymba
  • Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 3 weeks ago #44527

stomped Rib, no dab and humpty today,, should be fun for fat biking over the next week.

also I can't seem to toss up a pick of a small skill park loop I am hoping to get to put in off the parking area of HHE.. if the pic doesn't show up,, guess you will have to come down and see it yourself.

HHEparkingskillspark2.jpg
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 months, 3 weeks ago by twright.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 3 weeks ago #44528

Looks awesome. Are these in yet?

Saw the problems with the other posts. Is this the file attachment bug? Need to look into it. It's a known bug.

On another note, have all the Harris Hill trails in at MTBProject. Link to the embedded version here:

wnymba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=556&Itemid=43

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 3 weeks ago #44529

dang,, very nice Jon...

no, the skills loop isn't in yet, but things are looking good, might be focusing on that early in the season...I think it will be a nice thing to do while waiting for others to arrive or suit up

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 1 week ago #44538

Skill loop coming to HHE this Summer. Looks like I have the go ahead to put in a .1 to .15 skills loop just off the parking area at HHE. If the weather cooperates, I am hoping I can concentrate a lot of work on it during my Spring Break April 12th to the 20th... (yeah, sucks working in a school,, snow days, frigid days, winter and spring break)

There is a possibility of getting ahold of the County's Ditch Witch that is earmarked for the Equestrian trail development... I will just have to wash off all the horse poo first.... I will be interested in seeing how it does creating tread, helping with material moving, berms, whoops. etc.

I'll post back up on here when I get more info, but if anyone wants to toss me pics of some features, i'd be happy to consider them, it won't be lumber and screws, just natural stuff,, but I think it can be made to be fun and help develop more confidence as I plan on making the next trails at HHE, a bit more technical and feature filled.

HHEparkingskillspark23.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 1 week ago #44539

Skill loop coming to HHE this Summer. Looks like I have the go ahead to put in a .1 to .15 skills loop just off the parking area at HHE. If the weather cooperates, I am hoping I can concentrate a lot of work on it during my Spring Break April 12th to the 20th... (yeah, sucks working in a school,, snow days, frigid days, winter and spring break)

There is a possibility of getting ahold of the County's Ditch Witch that is earmarked for the Equestrian trail development... I will just have to wash off all the horse poo first.... I will be interested in seeing how it does creating tread, helping with material moving, berms, whoops. etc.

I'll post back up on here when I get more info, but if anyone wants to toss me pics of some features, i'd be happy to consider them, it won't be lumber and screws, just natural stuff,, but I think it can be made to be fun and help develop more confidence as I plan on making the next trails at HHE, a bit more technical and feature filled.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 7 months, 1 week ago #44540

might look like this
HHEparkingskillspark23.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 6 months, 2 weeks ago #44576

Looking very promising for getting HHE and other areas to get packed and groomed for Winter riding fatbike, and xski next year..,, did a test run using a friend's sled, bet if I add a grooming drag, it will be even better... not sure if video link works..

www.ridenamba.org/apps/videos/videos/view/18499229-winter-riding-at-hhe-3-9-14?profile_tab%5Bposter_id%5D=52092597&profile_tab%5Btab_count%5D=3

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 5 months, 1 week ago #44607

Working fast and furiously on the HHE skills loop, some features should be in and rideable for the May 10 WNYMBA trail day at HHE.. be sure to come on down...

plan to be adding features (all natural mind you, nothing requiring nails or screws) will take suggestions, but if you suggest, you really ought to help..

The Equestrians were very nice allowing me to play with one of their new toys. Please be nice to them...if you come across horsey folk on your rides... remember horses are prey animals, greet the riders, talk in a calm manner, ask permission to pass, they might want to walk their horses off the trail a few yards. ask if you should walk past or ride, consider taking off your helmet. best to pass on the lower hill side of the horse (nasty toothed carnivores tend to attack from the high side). the above is what I have been told, if you different,do what you will..

IMAG1319.jpg

IMAG1321.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44620

Saturday May 10th, 10 am ... HHE will be hosting a WNYMBA trail day. the current plan is to focus on the new climb up out of Myrtle's Romp back to No Dab. this will allow for another option as well as making Sept's HHH have better flow. I've put in the request of no rain, so we should be good with that. I hope to deliver all the tools down to the work site, so you can ride, skip or hike in (hiking will take about 15 min)... Lunch will be back at the cars at 1pm...earlier if we get a good turn out and start on time. Hope you plan to ride HHE after.... I am sorry to report that the upcoming HHE skills loop will not ready, but crossing my fingers that Goatboy will be explorable (for those who dare) would be great if you would RSVP so I have an idea on food needs

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44628

Goatboy will be explorable on Saturday for those wanting some adventure..

wish I had Jedi levitation powers
IMAG1349.jpg

not at all rideable yet, got to flatten top a bit, but at least it's where it needs to be..
IMAG1353.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44656

looking like the weather will be fine.. hope to see you there,, parking area at yellow barrier by 10... if you get there late, head down on No Dab to #5,,, (after crossing the stream take a right... Paul Nomes´╗┐,,, we will knock out the 250ish yards of new trail,, I did some benching already... then eat, and ride..

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 4 months ago #44685

HHE survived for the most part the deluge that hit Chaut. County, a few blow downs,, work will continue to spread the 15 yards of gravel about the skid road problem areas. this has delayed me a bit in opening up Goatboy, but it is explorable for those who can't wait. wide whale corduroy going in on the seeps on the new myrtle climb out as well.

skills loop won't get tackled till Summer Break.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.