• Facebook: wnymba
  • Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 4 weeks ago #44495

artist's rendering mind you,, but the red dots are what still needs to be done... and then of course tread tweaking...once proper trailwork season starts up..

MFT.gif

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 3 weeks ago #44499

First official Trail day at HHE for 2014.. finished up connecting the MFT... 2 miles of the most challenging singletrack at HHE yet... couldn't fat bike in,, too much snow.. took 25 minutes to snow shoe in closer to 30 to get back out...

will work on tread tweaking and outslope in the Spring...
IMAG1087.jpg

IMAG1077.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 3 weeks ago #44500

this is what HHE will be looking like soon.. I hope

vimeo.com/83177651

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 3 weeks ago #44501

Looks like a blast. Best part is at around 2:13.

The question is, though, who does all that trail packing? Couldn't quite figure how it was packed in. The bit near the end (4:10) seems like it would be without the packing.

I did a ski orienteering meet in that area several years ago. Beautiful area. I know a guy who makes the maps of the area (and lives there) and there are tons of trails there all over.

All I remember from that Ski-O meet was bonking so bad because I didn't get enough food the night before because my French sucked so bad - didn't order right!
Last Edit: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Jon Sundquist.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 3 weeks ago #44502

they commented that it was snowshoeing... so I guess if you want to ride, you snow shoe... I need to find a way to get a few more fat bikes purchased down this way... hoping to use the drag sled on Saturday to start setting up the snow tread..

would love to plan a drag behind a snowmachine for next year, might try to pick one up after this winter.. (don't tell the wife)..

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 2 weeks ago #44507

was bummed that the weather cancelled work for two days, but did get out to do some riding at HHE.. the fat skis pack a trail a bit narrow but fun and challenging just the same, the drag is better, but it takes a lot out of you.. need to steer more skiers and snowshoers up that way ...

www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213083137513944154607.0004ef7de4ba78b1a96e7&msa=0

IMAG1092.jpg

IMAG1095.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 2 weeks ago #44513

vimeo.com/80403904

HHE next year perhaps

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 10 months, 1 week ago #44515

&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAq3oxaceo&feature=youtu.be

Harris Hill Ext. is doable on Fat or skinny... doesn't look like we will be getting much snow so the riding although a bit cold perhaps, ought to be good all week.. creeks are a bit tricky to cross, I would suggest hitting them fast and be prepared to step off bike as needed.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44523

HHEparkingskillspark.jpg

Still waiting on whether this can happen or not.. but I hope that something like this will be at the parking area at HHE this summer... will help the early folk pass the time for those late comers.

HHEparkingskillspark.jpg
Last Edit: 9 months, 3 weeks ago by twright.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44524

Still waiting on whether this can happen or not.. but I hope that something like this will be at the parking area at HHE this summer... will help the early folk pass the time for those late comers.

HHEparkingskillspark.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44525

HHEparkingskillspark.jpg

Last Edit: 9 months, 3 weeks ago by twright.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 9 months, 3 weeks ago #44526

HHEparkingskillspark.jpg
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.