• Facebook: wnymba
  • Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44232

ok.. looking for some of the famous "tread tweak wnymba crew".. you know who you are, tweaking the tread with Lamberts and Mcleods,,,, would love to have some of you head down to HHE,,, plan a 1.5 hour work session, lunch and beverage provided back at the vehicles, then a ride. any takers? let me know if so, and what weekend works best for you.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44233

Thanks for taking the lead and all your efforts at Harris Hill. Much appreciated!
  • Brian

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44248

I'm willing to drive 2 hours to help Thom out & get a great ride in afterwards. Any other takers that live closer?
Long Live the Fest!!

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44262

Brad, thanks just pm me when you can make the trip, and I will make sure we get some work, food and a great ride in...

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44269

more details coming but...things to keep in mind
I've got bids on gravel, looking into possible funding sources to help offset the costs.. please consider donating your bottles and cans to NAMBA or FCCG at Southside redemption center, just seperate plastic, cans and bottles..

1. Saturday Aug. 17th. work session at HHE, this is the same day that the Horse ride comes through,, plan to work while make their way through, and then ride after.

2. IMBA trail care crew coming October 11th. "presentation of better living through trails.. at 3:30.. place TBA... social at 6:30 at Hollyloft. October 12th, classroom training at Gerry Vol. Fire dept. afternoon work on a section of East Overland trail. Sunday morning,, ride,,,

3. after Aug. 17th.. and hopefully will have the gravel out there by then will address some of the issues that have developed and remain due to the wet riding...

4. still working on my trail badger 12,000.

ps. I like my fatbike...

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44286

twright,
Huh, who would have thought fat could be so attractive.
Do you have a start time for Saturday, August 17th?
I'm hoping to make your work/play day at Harris Hill.
Long Live the Fest!!

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44287

starting at 10am... would like to get down to work site, so not to interrupt the horse ride that will be moving through,, probably closer to 11am... let me know. check the facebook site for some recent photos

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44300

Bradley, thanks for investing the time and coming up to HHE and spending some time growing some trail. hope you got some of those cases of Southern Tier Brew on your way home...
IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG06891.jpg
Attachments:

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44304

Thanks Thom. It's too bad that others aren't interested in growing trail at Harris Hill.
You have a nice trail system going on up there. Yep, bought the last of the "Live" in 12oz bottles.
Long Live the Fest!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Bradley.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44305

If I had a better work schedule I would be more interested. Those trails are real close to our family cabin. I am trying to fit the IMBA stuff in October into my schedule.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #44309

Boogenman, hope you can make it for the Trail Care Crew..October 12th...

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year ago #44416

Trail Care Crew visit is fast approaching... October 11, 12....

please sign up if planning to attend...

we can have a ride following the work at HHE, for those that may not want to drive back down for the Sunday ride...

also doesn't really belong on this thread,, but the trail squad that showed up this past Weekend at ASP knocked out some significant yardage of trail. this new trail is going to be great not only to ride, to but secure Park support as we go after the "stone tower" loop...

sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the area,, but we couldn't ask for better weather...
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.