• Facebook: wnymba
  • Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 8 months ago #43156

last weeks weather event toppled a bunch of widow makers, of course many landing on the trails. our squad is leaf blowing and chainsawing away,, so again.. by Saturday I am guessing HHE will be open for business for anyone wanting to take the drive.

one of the possible considerations if a race is hosted next Fall ... I liked FG's comment in the other topic. want to give the experts a nice long look at the our loops down here..

I am thinking,
expert do everything twice, which should give them about 20 miles total, give or take
sport do all loops once plus repeating 2 of the 3 loops. about 14 miles
and beginner, doing the first 3 original loops for about 6 miles.

I think we can route things so beginners are pretty much off the course as the expert and sports go around again... but this is just a tentative thought.

are those mile numbers adequate?

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 8 months ago #43157

twright wrote:
expert do everything twice, which should give them about 20 miles total, give or take

Personally, to maximize my racing dollar, I'd like to get 24-25 miles. I'd still show up for 20 though
Not very fast but havin' fun!
www.bluelinebicyclerepair.com

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 8 months ago #43158

SLU will keep that in mind, I would think we can stretch it out a bit longer, I'll certainly be turning to those who regularly set these things up for their ideas..
Not sure yet if we will use of the overland, but there ought to be passable sections throughout parts of the loops since some of the single track uses overgrown skid roads...

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 3 months ago #43900

HHE is now open...

HHEnecro.jpg

looks like we might be getting help from a Boy Scout Troop in clearing some of Winter's mess right before trail work day on April 28th..

Pillarsandnecro.jpg

The Pillars of Hercules

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #43925

This Sunday,, tools are all set for the big dig....

rounding out the lunch menu is my wife's pasta salad, and I am told there may be some homemade treats...

If you are not out working and riding HHE this Sunday, well... better luck next time...

IMAG0269.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 2 months ago #43932

well, we had close to 30 people.. a troop of cub scouts came out to rake, but they couldn't stay for lunch.. but they did their best and I was thrilled to have them. we had all sorts of folks come out of the wood work... good food, some good trail set down. had a few from wnymba and a few from namba and I guess a whole bunch of "private contractors" but hey, I won't turn anyone away....

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 1 month ago #44140

HHEsnappic.jpg

was out growing some more trail at HHE, felt someone watching me, spun around and snapped this.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 1 month ago #44141

Was that Bigfoot watching you?
  • Lucas

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 1 month ago #44142

El Chupacabra?

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year, 1 month ago #44143

The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by kb voodoo.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year ago #44157

a very rough idea of the progress on the new loop. the pink is what the Spring group work day completed.. the blue is what's been done since. most of it sort of rideable, but a few areas still need some work (so don't try). the yellow is flagged and partially trimmed, but the fern and undergrowth are working faster than I am capable of. as I get older I am working slower, so this loop might be open by end of August, as always let me know if you got time to help. tools on site, so you can ride down to work area.
HHEnewloop7-2013.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year ago by twright.

Re: This Saturday Harris Hill trail day. 1 year ago #44231

the dotted area has been dragged. hope to get more done tomorrow
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.