• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 1 year, 7 months ago #43631

Just got back from Warren and have some new info... things are very promising, ,this coming from our IMBA regional director who had a meeting today with the people in power .... the general gist of it all...the nepa hurtles are planned to be handled. so no worries there.....

the next hurtle.. the money.... the main portion of money is being asked for by the largest stakeholder..its likely to be considered a high priority project.......the most realistic time frame would be start construction in Spring 2015.... and it's conceivable that this first phase (the trails up around Jake's Rocks--- about 18 miles) could be completed in the one build season.. mechanized,, with some hand finishing... this phase would include a trail down to one of the camp grounds,, ,, but can't recall which one.. perhaps too much beverage impeded my listening skills....

It appears that certain influential folks within PA and agencies are showing support and interest in the project..

so ... the way I look at it is that I have two summers. 2013 and 2014,, to crank out as much single track at HHE, Hatch Run, and ASP that I can.. before spending time hand tweaking tread at Jake's Rocks in 2015....

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 1 year, 7 months ago #43639

this phase would include a trail down to one of the camp grounds,, ,, but can't recall which one

Dewdrop

I smell deep well Marky gas money. Cash flow has its benefits. Utica coming soon.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by fat guy.

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 1 year, 1 month ago #44267

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

NEPA study still being completed,, Dan from IMBA Trail Solutions was up to address some concerns with a section of trail. Had a good time pretending to be mountain goats as we walked back and forth for 8 miles checking possible lines.

Sorry,, I do not have a confirmed timeline when building can start.. but there was a meeting yesterday morning in Warren, with Frank from IMBA, Andy from NAMBA and PKP and ANF ...
I will remain hopeful that something might start happening in 2014..... pictures are not all that pretty, but take my word for it, there are some great rock formations and scenic parts of the trail,,, I will be impressed to watch a mini-excavator build across some of these hillsides.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by twright.

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 9 months, 1 week ago #44483

Update - info from Frank MaGuire...IMBA midatlanticregional director and beer drinker.

1. things are still rolling along. two different grants were secured/reassigned bringing the project funds into the $250,000 range. which would be close to enough for the first phase, some of the campground connectors, some of the blue and one or two of the black routes.

2. Timeline -we know nothing is ever definite, but... the EA completion could/should happen this next calendar year, If the EA is completed by Summer,, that would for clearing of corridor in the Fall if all goes well, a selection of the contractor in the Fall. and then beginning construction in Spring 2015...

Scoping will likely occur this Spring..-ANF announce proposed action and contact stakeholders for input..... we will be asking for positive letter campaign from friends near and far for support.

Probably a public meeting happening in Warren, in March,

NAMBA-ANF will likely formalize a maintenance agreement for the future trail system, along with possible work on existing trails to establish a good, trusting working relationship.

It may seem like we have been talking about this for years.. well we have... but the news of having a significant amount of funding waiting to go to the contractor,, is a huge bit of news that ought to make everyone consider that project is moving in the right direction. some of you may consider locking yourself in a dark room, putting a towel over the crack below the door and letting out a short, timid squeal of anticipatory joy

there may be more news (hopefully positive) in January... will post up info then...

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 9 months, 1 week ago #44484

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 9 months, 1 week ago #44485

WNYMBA coverage:

wnymba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=41&Itemid=41

Thom: don't forget to post stuff up there! I'll go ahead and put this up there now...

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44664

Go to this link, comment on Jakes Rocks project,

www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTUwMTAwgAykeaxRtBeY4WBv4eHmF-YT4GMHkidBvgAI6EdIeDXIvfdrAJuM3388jPTdUvyA2NMMgyUQQAyrgQmg!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfS000MjZOMDcxT1RVODBJN0o2MTJQRDMwODQ!/?project=40494

Re: ANF Jakes Rocks Meeting 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44667

See fixed/working link on the website. It's on the front page.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.