• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 4 years, 3 months ago #33401

I just wanted to commend Tom for all of the work that he has been doing on these trails. I was able to finally get out there and ride some of the singletrack a little this past weekend. After going out on July 4th to help out a bit with the trails, I couldn't wait to get back down there and ride. Nicole and I both had a blast out there. Let us know if you're doing any more trailwork and we'll see if we can come out and help again.
-Karl

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 4 years, 3 months ago #33413

Karl, glad you got a chance to ride, did you get all the trails in... I know still a bit confusing, but I am hoping by fall will have the last leg of green done so it won't have to share with orange..

hope you got to ride the virgin single track you to helped make happen. let me know when you are done again. as for trail days, probably checking on the facebook or site is the best,

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 4 years, 3 months ago #33443

We didn't get in all of the trails as we were just passing through quickly, but we did get to ride (orange?) and see what we had done. It's really great. I'm hoping to make it out there again soon when I have more time and ride them all. The conditions were great! I joined the facebook group and bookmarked the site so I'll keep tabs on trailwork days. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 6 months ago #38233

Eastside Overland trail, and more importantly Harris Hill Ext. is open for business..

was out last night and the tread is nice and hard. the few chronic wet areas, are wet, but the crack trail building team will be rerouting or otherwise handling the situation,, so within the next few weeks you should see steady improvement. a few annoying thorn bushes, but otherwise sweet.
ouch.jpg

The Eastside Overland "Cardot" trail between R and U is clear except for a few blowdowns, the typical muddy areas are muddy, but until there is a redesign or mitigation, we have what we have.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38459

lower eastoverland,, from R to V doing pretty well, this dry weather doing wonders, the extension doing well. get out there.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38495

very nice and dry group ride at Harris HIll and some of the overland last night. conditions are fantastic, some of the blow downs on overland have been handled, get out there.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 3 months ago #39208

We just finished work on a new section of trail on the "Rib Tickler" (i.e., the Green Loop). The highlights include numerous switch-backs, a nice berm, a sweet split-log bridge, a rock garden, and plenty of tight and twisty turns that have come to define the type of riding found at Harris Hill. If you haven't made it out here yet, what are you waiting for?

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 3 months ago #39210

bodie6 wrote:
We just finished work on a new section of trail on the "Rib Tickler" (i.e., the Green Loop). The highlights include numerous switch-backs, a nice berm, a sweet split-log bridge, a rock garden, and plenty of tight and twisty turns that have come to define the type of riding found at Harris Hill. If you haven't made it out here yet, what are you waiting for?

Rode it again last night. This place is beyond fun. It's like a mountain bike playground.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 3 years, 3 months ago #39211

Tonight's (8/25) Thursday night group ride has been canceled as a result of last night's deluge. However, there will be a group of folks at Harris Hill on Saturday morning (8/27) around 9:00-9:30 to do some trail work, if anyone's interested in lending a hand.

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 2 years, 8 months ago #40792

Parts of the actual overland still need drying out, hope to get some leaf blowing and deberming done soon...
But Harris Hill Ext. open for business, tread is firmed up, just rode it tonight no bugs. no mud,
hhdirt.jpg

my down tube, after my ride tonight.

firstridewiththeking.jpg

took the king out for it's first trail ride tonight,

Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions 1 year, 7 months ago #43898

Lower East Overland and HHE, open for business this year, tread has set up well, a few blow downs, but they will be taken care of soon.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.