• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Spencer Park Trail Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Spencer Park Trail Conditions

Spencer Park Trail Conditions 7 years, 6 months ago #13418

Forum for discussing Trail Conditions at Spencer Park (and other stuff :wink: )

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 7 years, 6 months ago #13487

If people are looking for a good map of Harriet Hollister Spencer, this weekend is your big chance. There is a ski orienteering meet there this weekend, with a brand new map by either the Rochester or the CNY O clubs, both top notch people who would put nothing less than a great map together.

Here are the details:

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 11
Harriet Hollister Spencer State Park, Canadice, NY. Registration and Starts: noon-1:30pm Meet Director: Eric Barbehenn, 585-383-4413, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

I can't make it (swim meets to go watch), but go even even if you've never Ski-O'd before. It is a lot of fun, and HHS is a great place to ski.

And you get a great map (I wouldn't be able to post it here due to copyright issues, although if someone grabs one, I can always ask).

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 7 years ago #15430

Suicide 6 is done and what an AWESOME day of racing! The course (WNYMBRO approved) is in perfect shape. This is an excellent place for riding, even better for racing.

harriett hollister 6 years, 3 months ago #18201

gates are open; trails are vary dry and all cleared
Bob

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 6 years, 2 months ago #19398

weather is not helping, wet
Bob

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 6 years, 1 month ago #19739

some sticky mud areas but mostly dry.
Bob

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 6 years ago #20651

Awesom, even after saturdays race

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 5 years, 10 months ago #21802

Has anyone been out here as of late, wanted to head here tomorrow but wasn't sure of the trail conditions. Thanks in advance.

Riding Condtions Spencer Park 5 years, 10 months ago #21804

This Park has some incredible singletrack to offer if you know where to find it; I could not find any maps online that covered the singletrack I was on today. Luckily I met up with some locals who pointed me in the direction of some of this unmapped and incredible twisitng singletrack due South off of the Sidewinder run shown in the map on this site. Specifically if you ride from Racoon Run (dbt) and then turn into Sidewinder (dbt) ride this until it comes to a 4 way intersect. On your left before the the turn into another segment of Sidewinder there is an almost unoticeable single track trail head. This then opens up into a a number of singletrack trails with some rocks, roots, and intermediate drops and climbs. The conditions were perfect today; dry and no mud, incredible Fall landscape. Althought I didn't cover as much as I would of liked given my time restrictions and my first time out here I know this is yet another great riding option in the future. Enjoy

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 5 years, 10 months ago #22115

Most likely, wet and muddy
  • Joker
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 5 years, 9 months ago #22259

IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY JOKER. ON THE 25TH THATS ALL YOU SAID
No Goal, Wide Right, I'll just go ride my bike

Re: Spencer Park Trail Conditions 4 years, 11 months ago #27742

positively biblical; wet with swarms of attacking insects. it was like a werner herzog movie. you know, "aguirre, the wrath of god". good time. they have cut some new trail and it is carpet smooth. similar feel to the new stuff at holiday valley. even tho' it was raining, it seemed that my impact was pretty minimal. that being said, there was at least one spot where running water was following the trail. it's a 2 hour 15 minute drive to the park. google directions worked good. what do ya get? some killer climbs, a killer view, roots, some rocks but nothing compared to evl, short, tight lines...the insects only attacked once but they followed us for quite awhile stinging the bejebus out of us.
if you do go out, be sure to stop at tom wahl's in avon and get the wahlburger with cheese.
roadside corn is $2 a half dozen on route 5.
Velociped Jones is the future of racing and he was a P to A spawnling.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.