• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sprague Brook Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sprague Brook Conditions

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 6 months ago #44023

Intellicast showed an orange blob just heading east from Sprague Brook right after I saw boogen's post. It appeared to be a small but intense T-storm. Glad it didn't last.

Better to just post updates. Even better to post after visual inspection of the trails.

Anyways remember, nothing in the forum (regular or trails conditions) should ever be relied on. This is an open forum, not related to WNYMBA (WNYMBA just hosts it). Even non-members like Boogen can post.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Jon Sundquist.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 6 months ago #44024

Jon Sundquist wrote:
Even members like Boogen can post.

FIXED

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 6 months ago #44025

boogenman wrote:
Jon Sundquist wrote:
Even members like Boogen can post.

FIXED

Wow, I feel a disturbance in the force

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 6 months ago #44026

As a moderator I would like to say that the last couple posts (mine included) have nothing to do with trail conditions. They technically could be deleted. I am also checking the membership data base to see the most recent people to join. The above message was written with a slight bit of sarcasm.
UPDATE: boogerman checks out. Seriously, the very least people can do is join as it supports maintenance and the building of trails in our area. I really don't think $30 is a lot, plus its for a great cause and there are some pretty good perks.
Now back to trail conditions before I have to moderate myself.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44065

A lot of sloppy mud holes on the west side this evening.

Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44089

Obviously it's wet and muddy at the Brook. Please go through the mud and don't make go arounds; stay on the trail. If you want to stay clean, go for a road ride.
Sliders Guy
Colden, NY

Chains and shifters are history.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44090

I can't see any possible way that it would be ethical to ride Sprague or Hunters this weekend. Trails would definitely get damaged and it's a lot of work to repair them. Remember, we could lose access to the trails if they don't stay in good shape. Don't want to be seeing any "no bikes" signs going up!

Please, please, if you want to ride this weekend, ride on the road or stay home.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Jon Sundquist.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44091

It has been raining for days, the rain was still falling in Glenwood at 5:30am this morning and there was drizzle when I left for work at 8:30am. The sun isn't going to come until later this afternoon if at all today. Please stay off the trails for a few days.

Go for a road ride or test your skills on a urban assault ride.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44092

I third that!

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44127

There was some slight drying Wednesday but it rained hard all night and morning. The creeks are the highest I have seen all year.

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44139

Does anybody have a first hand report?

Intel on what's wet and what's not would help people plan a responsible route for the day, because you know there will be riders there today.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Sprague Brook Conditions 1 year, 5 months ago #44146

Rode there yesterday. Most of the mud is on the west side, but overall its not too bad. This week's weather forecast should really dry it up well.
2009 Kingdom Trails Lightning Chaser MVP
2010 Asheville MVP

Fear the clown wheels!

"CX bikes are for bisexuals....you are either gay or straight...not both" -Trailhunter
Time to create page: 1.37 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.