• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sprague Brook Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sprague Brook Conditions

Sprague Brook Conditions 8 years, 5 months ago #11176

I was wondering if the sprague brook trails will be completed by memorial day weekend? Or if not is there any rideable singletrack in the park?
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Scotto.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 5 months ago #11179

there is a significant amount of single track that is ridable in sprague brook. With some great turnouts at the the next two work days I think we may have a ridable loop done on memorial day if you use an existing atv trail as a conector. Check out the map and go for a ride on the trails.

Better yet come to the Trail Day at 10am saturday morning and help finish them up. Weather permitting we ride after we are done working and you can get a tour of the trails. Right now the northern? side of the loop is done, but only about half of the southern side.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 5 months ago #11186

Kinda Northern / Southern Ben, actually the side that is complete is on the West side of the creek and the new sections we are working on are on the East side of the creek. As Ben said there is 7 miles out and back to ride on the East Side if you access the trail from the old snowmobile trail just past the bridge and we probably have 1.25 miles (oneway) done on the East Side so ride that out and back plus the XC double track and the road (and some creek edge trail) to the bridge where the snow mobile trail is and you'll ride about 11.5 miles. When the loop is finished (exclusive of the Forestry property on Foote road) the loop will be 7.75 miles.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 5 months ago #11188

Thanks alot. I will see if I could make it for saturday

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 4 months ago #11494

Went out to Sprague Brook today. Got access to the single track off the XC skiing trails. Great work, great run. got a nice hour run in there and could've gone farther but it was getting late and the sun goes down quick in the forest.

Nice running trail.
  • czar

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 4 months ago #11504

I have to admit (from the little i was able to ride) you guys did a great job! Real nice single track. My daughter's 1st real ride and she's HOOKED!
These trails look to be race ready! We could set up the SB Two-four! I'll get on the horn with Granny Gear Racing.
Eric Senn

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 4 months ago #11508

Yeh- we can say we have great event jerseys, except their not done yet and a food tent that only sells 3 items. Did you guys score any prizes?

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 4 months ago #11512

FRANK GORSHIN wrote:
These trails look to be race ready! We could set up the SB Two-four! I'll get on the horn with Granny Gear Racing.

Rumor has it that Dirty Dualathon might be moved to SB.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 4 months ago #11513

penguin wrote:
Yeh- we can say we have great event jerseys, except their not done yet and a food tent that only sells 3 items. Did you guys score any prizes?

Penguin

Scored Nada! Well I did win a vest from the Maverick Raffle. It was a large so I gave it to a large person.
Eric Senn

Sprague Brook was sweet! 8 years, 4 months ago #11673

New to the WNTMBA. Visited the new trails yesterday. The new singletrack was sweeet! Conditions were excellent except for a few slick spots. Nice job!!!!! I can't wait to get back there. Hope I can keep my eye on the trail and not on the killer scenery.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 3 months ago #11746

I did some work at Sprague Brook today. The trails are very wet and with the rain predicted tomorrow I do not think they will be in good shape until we get several days of nice weather. Just a heads up for those who might have been thinking of a Wednesday night ride... I would recomend riding on the road.

Re: Sprague brook? 8 years, 3 months ago #11752

Ben Clauss wrote:
I did some work at Sprague Brook today. The trails are very wet and with the rain predicted tomorrow I do not think they will be in good shape until we get several days of nice weather. Just a heads up for those who might have been thinking of a Wednesday night ride... I would recomend riding on the road.

DITTO
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.