• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months, 2 weeks ago #44591

The question is not the branches but the mud. Are the trails dried out yet?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months, 2 weeks ago #44592

Top of the hill is pretty dry with a few puddles.Its a lot more fun than a trainer in front of a TV.
Last Edit: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by brantdavis.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months, 1 week ago #44593

Thanks. Yeah, I have found that immediately after snowmelt, things can be pretty dry at E-ville (unlike Sprague and Hunters which have completely different soil). I think it is from the ground still being frozen and the snowmelt just runs off rather than soaks in.

This rain we are getting now really sucks the big one, though. Once the ground thaws, we have to wait again until good drying conditions again.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months, 1 week ago #44594

I rode those loops Nov '13 right before deer season started. A couple inches of snow had fallen that week before I rode. Anything south facing was bone dry and perfect. Any North facing trails still held the snow. With no leaves on the trees and a couple sunny breezy days, will dry out those south facing trails pretty good.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months, 1 week ago #44595

I haven`t tried going up yet.

Is Mutton Hollow Road still snowcovered or has it melted enough to ride up?

Looking forward to this season very much.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 5 months ago #44609

4/17
Road is clear from Great Valley. Trails are drying out quickly.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44616

Trails I`ve ridden so far have been dry.
Eagle, Mesa, Sidewinder, Rain Trail in pretty good shape.

I rode KC Trail today.
Good except for a big wet spot way out back that could use some help from the newly purchased Muck Truck.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 3 weeks ago #44617

Rode today, trails are in good shape up on top (E McCarty), still snow on race loop, gonna be a while before that is open.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44621

How are the trails?

You guys LOVE the mud, right?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44622

Does that mean your coming to the trail work day?

Is there a chance it will be too wet for a ride afterwards?
Long Live the Fest!!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44642

I rode Eagle, Sidewinder, Dead Dog, and Big Merlin today.
Trails were in really nice shape.
Always dries up quickly this time of year before the trees bloom.

Made it up Eagle without stopping despite getting kicked in the ribs the other night at work.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 4 months, 2 weeks ago #44643

thanks for the boots on the ground report. I'm going to be heading up this weekend. Hope the conditions hold

[quote="skidder" post=44642

Made it up Eagle without stopping despite getting kicked in the ribs the other night at work. :|[/quote]

Are you a Professional Wrestler?
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.