• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 3 months ago #41451

Rode most of everything on Monday except Bent Rim and Four Rocks. Trails are in awesome shape, but the face-slappers are coming out in full force, especially on Rain, Sidewinder, Dead Dog, and Big Merlin. I wonder if we could cut some of them back on Saturday? I'd be happy to volunteer, as long as we have the proper tool.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 3 months ago #41453

bodie6 wrote:
Rode most of everything on Monday except Bent Rim and Four Rocks. Trails are in awesome shape, but the face-slappers are coming out in full force, especially on Rain, Sidewinder, Dead Dog, and Big Merlin. I wonder if we could cut some of them back on Saturday? I'd be happy to volunteer, as long as we have the proper tool.

If someone wanted to, I wouldn't stop them. But there is a ton of work to get Mesa done.

I rode just about everything this past weekend (including Bent Rim and Four Rocks). The culprit is the April snowstorm. It bent a lot of small trees and branches over with the snow on the leaves, and after it melted, the branches/trees just stayed there.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 2 months ago #41777

Would someone post up the conditions at EVL? I see the last one was 6/11 and said it was as good as it gets. Is it still status quo. I am heading up for a few days around the 4th and am psyched to get out there. Weather history doesn't look like you've been hammered with rain (and its been a particularly dry June), but its always hard to tell what actually happened.

Any info would be appreciated. And is Mesa now open?
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 2 months ago #41794

Mesa is done...good riding as well...some trail maintaining for the face slappers needs to be done and some fine trail tuning.
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 1 month ago #41896

Anybody want to meet up next week and do some trail work on the 6HOP course? I imagine that the face slappers on Rain and Merlin need a good haircut.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 1 month ago #41907

Rode 20+ miles from eagle, b. merlin, up to the race loop, FLT to some new trail that was awesome. Turns right off the white trail shortly after the map kiosk. Also did mesa...excellent job guys, THANKS. All in great shape!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 1 month ago #41916

Got out on EVL trails 4 times b/t Sat 6/30 and Sat 7/30. Trails were fantastic. The weather and trail conds were so good that a couple times I went out expecting to do a 2hr ride and decided to just keep riding - ended up riding the whole system.

Mesa was very fun and a nice addition. I thought it flowed really well. Its nice to have a little more trail closer to Eagle, so you can get kind of do more or less for ride time. It always seemed like I had to make a decision to either do a quick hour and fifteen min ride or be late getting home from a 2-3hr ride and deal with the consequences. Great job to the designer and all the workers. Thank you.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 1 month ago #42039

Has anyone rode the EVL trails since the 6HOP race on sunday? Wondering the conditions for tomorrow.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 year, 11 months ago #42732

Can anyone give an update on current conditions and forecast for the weekend?
  • wade
Team Short Hill Billys

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 year, 11 months ago #42734

Down here in America we have this cool thing called Internet.
It`s now on computers!
www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Ellicottville+NY+14731:4:US

According to this fancy website, it`s supposed to rain here this weekend.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 year, 11 months ago #42736

skidder wrote:
Down here in America we have this cool thing called Internet.
It`s now on computers!
www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Ellicottville+NY+14731:4:US

According to this fancy website, it`s supposed to rain here this weekend.

Thanks for the tips on how to use this magic box on my desk. I was hoping for a useful reply like...

With thge recent rain the ground is saturated if we get even a sprinkle of rain on the weekend it will still be too wet to ride. Or.The ground is still bone dry from the summer drought a little rain will not make a difference.
  • wade
Team Short Hill Billys

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 1 year, 11 months ago #42779

I'm seconding Wade's request - Anybody have an update on trail conditions. There doesn't seem to be any recent posts.
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.