• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40749

Trails at holiday have been dry enough to ride for several weeks. I've been out 3-4 times and the only issue is the amount of leaf litter on the floor. Get out there and ride before winter comes back.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40750

taint wrote:
Trails at holiday have been dry enough to ride for several weeks.

"Several weeks"???

So you're saying they were dry enough to ride in February?

What specific trails have you been on?
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by kb voodoo.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40758

Went to E-ville around 4:30. Rode most of the Race Loop, Rain Trail, Sidewinder, Dead Dog, Merlin, and the first half of Porcupine. There are two blowdowns on the Rain Trail (towards the Race Loop side) and two blowdowns on Porcupine. I moved as many of the larger branches off the trail as I could. I hope to get out there with a leaf-blower when I have more free time.

The good news is...besides the usual wet spots...the trails are dry as a bone. Wow. Did it ever feel good to rip up some sweet singletrack!!!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40760

voodoo: no, i actually meant january. or december. or something... and im not going to list the trails ive ridden for you. sorry. i need to get ready for another ride.

question for people familiar with the lower section of the FTL where it connects to Pale Ale and Billygoat. Specifically the area where the tornado hit:
is there a re-route that connects Pale Ale to FTL?

i rode FTL from rock city the other day and the trail appeared to be re-routed close to tornado area. but the new re-route just kind of dissapeared and i couldnt find anything else. needed to backtrack the entire trail.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40761

taint wrote:
question for people familiar with the lower section of the FTL where it connects to Pale Ale and Billygoat. Specifically the area where the tornado hit:
is there a re-route that connects Pale Ale to FTL?

I'd love to help you out, as I'm very familiar with that area, but I need to get ready for another ride
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40766

I think that may just be what's left of the old trail. Pretty nice little section, until you have to turn around and go back up.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40771

Ellicottville was superlative, expletive deleted, superlative conditions today! I took 5 canadians on a gentle 6 hour introductory ride and we couldn't have asked for a better day. I especially liked the snow climb from the rock garden on the wednesday course up to the high speed lift. It's like 4 feet deep still but easily ridable.
Opinions are like pimples, they vary in amount and cover different areas.

There is no or, you're going to lose it.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40781

We did a nice little loop starting from where Porcupine crosses Mutton Hollow Rd and everything east of there.

Trails were dry as a bone. We tossed lots of sticks, branches, and small trees off the trails.

The hardest part about the ride was finding water for the dog. There just wasn't any.

We saw a bear cub near the Rain Trail, not far from the parking area on the East McCarty Forest Road. They can run pretty fast. Luckily we saw it, and the dog didn't, but he definitely picked up the scent.

This is from the top of Falcon:

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 4 months ago #40802

Trails were just as good today as they were Thursday, just the roots and rocks were a little more slippery. The rain had no effect on the firmness of the trail.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 3 months ago #40939

Trails could probably use some rain

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 3 months ago #41088

There are alot of tree limbs down from the snow we got.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 2 months ago #41290

Fantastic conditions yesterday on Eagle, Mesa, Big Merlin, Sidewinder etc. Did not ride up by little rock city or Hollymont.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.