• YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 3 months ago #39372

irishman13 wrote:
Just becuase you are too old, fat and washed up to go into the pipe you shouldn't be critizing the ones that can.

Does Skidder have two profiles?
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 3 months ago #39374

irishman13 wrote:
Wow Boogenamn, for someone that is always preaching about progression in sports (i.e.MTB,DH)that is a pretty ignorant comment to make about the half pipe. Maybe the olympic caliber pipe will keep the so called "posers" out of the pipe and keep it open for the ones that actually have a shot of making it. Just becuase you are too old, fat and washed up to go into the pipe you shouldn't be critizing the ones that can.

Sorry back on topic, trails are in good shape

Sarcasm does not translate well in the forums. Read some of Skidders older posts, he calls people posers who do not enjoy traditional 'old school' sports(me with DH biking).

Thanks for calling me lazy like skidder does. Although I don't ski halfpipe I am pretty fancy in a mini pipe on my bicycle.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by boogenman.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 2 months ago #39585

Anyone know how conditions are shaping up for tomorrow's ride?
Mid 40's & rain tomorrow, that sounds miserable.
Long Live the Fest!!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 2 months ago #39602

Bump on that conditions report request. Any info would be appreciated.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 2 months ago #39603

Painfulldischarge wrote:
Bump on that conditions report request. Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't been there in a couple weeks, but it's been raining. Expect slippery, muddy trails until they can dry out again.

I'm sure you can ride without doing much damage though, just expect to get dirty and expect to slide around a bit.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 2 months ago #39661

This weekend was amazing - trail conditions, weather, and fall colors. I got out mid-day Saturday and did the souther trails - Rim, Bent Rim, FLT, pale ales, new trail near Anderson blvd. Perfect conditions. I forgot how technical the Rim, Bent Rim and FLT was, blew out of some turns b/c of leaves hiding the trail it didn't look like there is much traffic on those trails. Great skill testing.

Sunday AM did Eagle, rain, first section of porcupine rim -looped back on the road to- Merlin, dead dog, sidewinder, down Eagle. Great fast flowy riding.

Coming down eagle looked like the mountain was on fire with the sun lighting up all the red, orange and yellow leaves; I think I had a religious experience this weekend.

I couldn't believe that I only saw a total of two people - one each day. You guys are really missing out. You need to call in sick and get to EVL before the weather changes.

As always, excellent job with the trails by wnymba. I send my love via a membership donation every year.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 11 months ago #40008

skidder wrote:
As usual, Boogerman is wrong again.

The equipment was used for more work on the half pipe.

No new lift this year, and the equipment is gone.

Oh, really?

www.salamancapress.com/news/article_4945afe0-396a-11e1-b6c5-0019bb2963f4.html

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 11 months ago #40017

The equipment in question was at Holimont, not Holiday Valley.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 9 months ago #40668

This is the trail that goes from the top of Tannenbaum to the tower. Picture taken on 3/13.

All the snow is gone in the woods. If the weather stays even close to as nice as it is now, we'll be riding early this year.

(but it obviously isn't ready yet!!!)

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 9 months ago #40671

Thanks for the pic.

Most (normal) years, there is actually some good sustainable riding (In E-ville, not Erie Co.!) immediately after the snow melts since the ground is still frozen. That lasts for about a week. But this year, there was basically no snow cover so we won't get that window.

It all depends on the rain. If rain holds off, things should dry our very fast and we'll be riding in a couple of weeks. If it pours like Monday/Tuesday this week, that will keep putting back "opening day".

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 9 months ago #40672

Just to show how fast the snow is melting, even on the slopes, here is a picture from the top of Mardis Gras:

It was almost like riding singletrack. You had to navigate through narrow gaps just to avoid the grass.

Ellicottville Conditions 2 years, 9 months ago #40742

Trails were dry!! Still alot of leaf and sticks but not bad considering the mild winter. There were a few downed trees but nothing to get bent outta shape about. The only real water were in the stream crossing which clearly thats where it should be, lol. Some of the finest east coast single track around!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Scotto.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.