• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

E-ville trail conditions 3 years, 6 months ago #38087

Probably muddy with some dirty snow piles around.

Re: E-ville trail conditions 3 years, 6 months ago #38090

Don't eat the yellow snow.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38231

dry...go ride now

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38232

Garick wrote:
dry...go ride now

Agreed.

I rolled the Eagle Trail and a nice loop around the top last Thursday and it was decent, should be smokin' now.
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38349

Don`t bother trying to ride up the Holimont Trail.
It is in the worst shape I`ve ever seen.
The trail is terribly eroded from Holimont using 4 Wheelers to get up and down the hill.
Water running down the hill in several places.
Too bad.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38359

We got a significant amount of rain again yesterday and last night.
The entire trail network is swamped right now.
Please stay off the trails until it dries up for a few days.
This is the worst Spring I have seen in 25 years.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38391

Heavy rain coming down tonight.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38416

And we got more heavy rain today.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38419

Any body have a trail update here? I'm hoping to head down there tomorrow morning. Thanks

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38423

The trail conditions were the worse that Ive seen them in 20 years. While I rode mainly on the forest roads, I did go up through HV and down Eagle. Eagle had flowing water on parts of it.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #38424

hopefully this changes quick this week but it was very wet today. Water flowing down several trails. lots of trees down in the rocky stuff. Rim has two right at the beginning, the steep sandy climb. I think there is one near the start of bent rim too, from the rim side. Several along the flt, one at the first switchback going downhill on st patty's and I think at least one on north pale. Probably more that I am forgetting too. Normally I would not admit to riding on a day like today but I don't think there's been many people on these trails yet and we've got a big workday coming up. It was nice to finally have a summer day though. Hopefully the dry weather holds and things will be better by wed or thursday.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 4 months ago #38500

Rode the Race Loop, Merlin, Porcupine, Yukon's, Mutton Hollow, Buzzard's, Rockey's Run, Pale Ales, and Rim Trail last night (using lights!!). To whomever cleared the debris off Mutton Hollow and Rockey's Run, you did a terrific job! Rockey's Run was such a blast. There is one major blowdown somewhere between Buzzard's and Rockey's Run, and there are a couple trees down on the Rim Trail. Besides that, the conditions were really good, and as long as the weather stays dry, the trails should be in great shape to kick off the 2011 Dirty Duathlon and the Wednesday night race series. Bravo WYNMBA!!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.