• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 10 months ago #35700

Anyone ride on Evl recently? Remy/Jim/skidder (mike)... how wet is it? Thinking of riding out that way Saturday afternoon
I like to brew beer and MTB

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 10 months ago #35701

The trails are okay but tomorrow is the 1st day of Deer Season with Guns so I wouldn`t go in the woods. If the weather isn`t too cold, I will ride backroads tomorrow. Send me a PM if you are coming down.

Trail Conditions/Ride on Sunday? 3 years, 10 months ago #35705

Hi all,

On Friday, I rode the race loop -> rain -> sidewinder -> dead dog -> merlin -> porcupine -> yukons -> mutton -> rocky's -> and the FLT back to the tower. The wind storm we had on Wednesday or Thursday did some damage. The worst is on Mutton and Rocky's (small trees across the trail and plenty of debris). A rather large tree fell across the FLT; it's about 1/3 mile south of the tower. Gonna need a chainsaw to get that one cleared.

I know hunting started this weekend, but Sunday looks to be the last "good" day for the season. Would it be too selfish to ride at Ellicottville on Sunday afternoon, or should I just let the hunters alone to play with their guns? Thoughts?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 10 months ago #35706

No hunting in PA on Sunday, get down while you can, you know where at you know what time.
Also no large game hunting during the holiday 11/25-11/28.
Plenty of good days left down south of the saturated clay / lake effect snow belt, there wasn't a substantial base until mid Jan. last year.
Skip the clay muck and happy deer hunters of WNY.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 10 months ago #35707

RMFR

I am

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 10 months ago #35711

Did 20 miles today, some awsome riding, and the hunters were a friendly bunch. Never rode FTL when the rocks were dry, it ROCKS when they (the rocks) are dry.

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

It's been a snowy stretch to say the least 3 years, 6 months ago #37266

We still have about 12-14 inches of dense snowpack in the Ellicottville woods and believe it or not that's about half what we had about a week ago. Since I moved here 6 years ago this winter has been the snowiest by far.
Come on warm weather and sunshine . . . . . . I promise not to complain about even one mayfly this Spring!
Long Live Long Rides

Re: It's been a snowy stretch to say the least 3 years, 6 months ago #37277

Yea, I was sinking up to my knees yesterday walking into my shed near Bill's. There was 6 inches of new stuff, too, but that was all fluffy.

Re: It's been a snowy stretch to say the least 3 years, 6 months ago #37548

I was at HV skiing today- still some snow in the trees at top of Tannenbaum and Cindy's. There are starting work on the new Sky-high adventure park . Work looks like it confined to the area next to Tannenbaum lift at bottom of hill.
Looks like it might be cool to try!

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: It's been a snowy stretch to say the least 3 years, 5 months ago #37854

Anyone know if the snow has fully melted? Our, better yet, are the trails ride worthy?
Long Live the Fest!!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #37861

I've never ridden Ellicottville, so I'm not sure where the trails are in relation to the ski trails, but I skied there this past Sunday (4/3), and there was still snow in the woods, away from snow making.
-Rocco

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 5 months ago #37865

Yes, still snow in the woods. No riding yet. We will all get a better view on the Trail Work day on Sunday. We plan to be working on south-facing slopes so snow should be low or gone there.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.