• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 9 months ago #35411

i hope these random storms pass by fast. i'm looking forward to riding after the trail day saturday.
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 9 months ago #35437

trail was a great success. i'm glad i could help out and see a large group support the state forrest and trails. sweet ass 6 mile ride after with the group, got my ass handed to me...time to train harder...love it!
  • TJ_Zydel
  • Director of Marketing and Promotions
ahhhhh dude...

facebook.com/wnymba

twitter.com/wnymba

Director of Marketing and Promotions

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35549

Trails are mostly leaf covered and muddy in spots but very rideable.
The new stone we put down really makes a difference.
The weather this week looks promising so get out and ride.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35588

Any concern about riding there with hunting going on?
The 1970's: No knee pads, helmets, brakes, or over cautious soccer mom's. It's just how we rolled...

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35590

I rode there during hunting season, I wore a bright orange construction worker vest. I'm sure the hunters were more pissed than I was scared

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35592

It's only bow and muzzle loading season right now. Both of those need to be short-range shots, which means the hunters need a very up-close view. This means the chances of being mistaken for a deer are much lower than during shotgun season, which opens Nov. 20.

The biggest danger during hunting season is from the very few inexperienced hunters who may shoot at anything that moves. These types most likely would stick with shotguns, with the folks out there now being more experienced and less likely to shoot at something other than deer.

I still wonder however whether being out on the trails helps move the deer to make for more shots for these guys, or does it scare them away to make it harder to shoot? What do you think Brian?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35597

My dad used to hunt and he always said that after a certain time (am) the deer would bed down and sleep until dusk. I have heard of stationing someone to sit and the rest of the group would come into the area from the opposite side driving any deer towards the shooter. I'm sure if someone was down the trail/hill from where you are riding you may drive a deer towards them. I doubt if any deer "bed down" near our trail as it gets traffic. I think they look for pine areas etc where they can hide in the brush/dense cover.

Penguin
Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35601

I have only seen a few hunters so far this Fall and they have all been friendly.
I go up in the woods several times a week.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35605

It is only bow season now till friday the 19th. Shotgun and rifle (Catt and Alleg. counties) opens Sat Nov 20 til Dec 12. Muzzleloader is Dec 13 - 21.

Muzzleloaders are not close range firearms. Today muzzleloaders can easy reach out to 200 yards - longer range than a shotgun.

Wouldn't recommend riding state land trails next weekend.
  • Brian

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35621

Anybody know how the riding will be today based on the rain yesterday?

Mojo
What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35627

I`m fixin to go check it out when it warms up a little.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 3 years, 8 months ago #35633

I rode up the Holimont side and it wasn`t bad at all.
It was pretty dry in the woods.
We need to fix the backside of KC Trail in the Spring.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.