• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ellicottville Conditions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Ellicottville Conditions

Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 3 months ago #5500

This is a first post. I think the trails database needs this to work correctly!

Excellent... 10 years, 3 months ago #5544

addition to the lounge. Thanks!
  • mac

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 3 months ago #5625

Saw a lot of riders out there today, many had started from the training center parking lot. Those that I talked to had mostly ridden part of the race loop and Big Merlin. I was pretty surprised at how dry the race course was on the uphill, but I heard from a few riders that the switchbacks in the woods going down were pretty bad. I expected that and stayed off it anyway. Big Merlin was in pretty good shape. A few soft spots, but most riders tried to go through the middle of them.
  • Mark

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5680

Big Merlin is in decent shape.
The White trail bit me once on the shin - great exercise.
Still a few mud holes; should take it easy & hold up for a week or so.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5681

I second that, rode the race loop to the Rain trail to Big Merlin on Sunday morning both were in good shape. There is a very deep mud hole coming out of Big Merlin Back onto East McCarty so be careful may want to get off your bike, I found out the hard way. Weather report looks good everything should be in decent shape by the end of the week.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5692

i was happy to see about twenty five plus people on the trails at holiday on sunday. good weather makes for good biking.
  • champ

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5702

Rode HV this morning. Trails were in great condition. Happy riding.....
  • Joker
Why...so...serious?

Carolina Blue Skies, Baby!

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5703

Hey, I found all those dry trails that are accessible from HV. I rode the trail system that circumnavigates the East McCarty Hill Forest Road starting from HV, and well.......the water temperature was cool, I forgot my swim goggles, I had too much air in my tires and the roots hate me for it, and at one point I thought I was at Snowshoe WV in the spring. Excellent practice for the upcoming Brazilian rain forest 24 hour race though. When will Mother Nature give us a good wind job?? Just after we finally thaw out, now we need a serious dry out. Let me spell it for "her", D R O U G H T already!!
Two years in a row, I don't get it. It's like living in a urinal tray at an all you can drink beer buffet.

Thanks to all those that put in the trail work on the Rain Trail.

South Pale Ale was in great shape last weekend. I can attest to that.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5710

Eville got a quick downpur yesterday afternoon and it was raining there pretty good this morning. Rode the race loop, Rain and Big Merlin around 6 yesterday. It was not as dry as this past weekend but still rather dry considering the storm that moved through yesterday. The leaves on the trees must have produced a good canopy to protect the trails. It definately wasn't perfect conditions but still "rideable"(depending on your definition of the word). As for needing a snorkle, are you sure you weren't riding Hunter's litespd?

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5818

Hello fattire06. No, no snorkel was available. I just got back from some
spectacular riding near Asheville NC. Man, what a place.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 2 months ago #5823

Cool, I've read good things about Ashville, NC. Eville was fairly dry yesterday (6/21) did a short ride through the part of the race loop to white trail at the tower to Canfield finishing at Holimont. Quick heavy rain today though, hopefully the trails stayed dry.

Re: Ellicottville Conditions 10 years, 1 month ago #6027

I was in Eville on Friday 7/9. Parked at the tower and rode the white trail up to buzzards breath, mutton hollow, yukons lunch, connector and middle pale ale. It was surprisingly dry, with the exception of connector, and when going up connector, the trail that splits off to the left part way up. Those two were pretty messy.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.